Restless at night...other symptoms - BulldogBreeds.com Forums

BulldogBreeds.com Forums BulldogBreeds.com Forums
Go Back   BulldogBreeds.com Forums > General BDB Forums > Health & Diet

BulldogBreeds.com is the premier BulldogBreeds Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Restless at night...other symptoms

Hi All

So I did some more research as I'm thinking this might be a medical issue with Morley. I put the thread in Training, because I just thought she was having some separation issues. Thinking that's not the case anymore.

Symptoms:
panting more than usual
not sleeping well at night
drinking/peeing more
small bumps on her skin

Cushings? I read that this can be caused by a tumor on the gland but ALSO could be from steroid shots, which she got 2 of for her allergies. These symptoms started after the second shot.

Having blood work done today at 12:45. I'm a wreck with worry about her. She's already been through so much in her 6 short years My poor monkey.
MorleyMo6802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sure does sound like a mystry. Praying that you recieve some results from the blood work and that it is something easy to deal with. Give her hugs.

gazar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Blood work is normal - thank God! So now what? Dr. said maybe a urine sample and some xrays...not sure what they xrays are for....precautionary? Her getting up every night at 2am for food is just bizarre. Is it anxiety? I have no idea. I do know that I'm not sleeping and I'm exhausted all the time....

Any ideas....I'm open to suggestions!

Old 03-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

If the blood work was normal, it is really difficult to say. Hope it is not her kidneys.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Nope, Dr. said kidneys are good, no diabetes, thinks she is way too young for Cushings.

Bringing a urine sample today. He is putting her on antibiotics for a skin rash she currently has and we are going to schedule xrays. Not sure what the xrays will show...

She seems pretty normal during the day! Lays in her crate or if I'm home, lays by me, etc. At night its a whole other story. Maybe not enough exercise? Sometimes she wants to walk, other times she doesn't and it's been really cold so I don't force her.

I'm at a loss but it's really starting to take it's toll on me. Last night we went to bed at 11pm. She was up until 1am....she just wouldn't lay down. Drank water, wanted snacks, went outside and pottied (both)....then went to sleep until 5:15 when she gets fed. We are going on vacation next Saturday and my mother in law is staying with her and I'm just a wreck leaving her.

Our house is under construction - new flooring throughout...so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it....

Old 03-23-2017, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Our house is under construction - new flooring throughout...so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it....
Most definately.
My son gutted our guest bathroom. The noise from the tools: nail guns, etc traumatized our Clara. Now whenever our some comes home
Clara runs and hides. So yes, the construction can definately be the problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement