Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

¡DIABLO! - Spring Pole & More!!! - 13 months old

1K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  gazar 
#1 ·
Nevermind the messy yard, the new place has TONS of work needing to be done to it.

Hope you enjoyed the pics! I think D's turning out great! Couldn't be happier with him.

See less See more
#8 ·
I am currently rebuilding one fence and adding a new fence to the one side of my yard.

I also have a large workshop in the yard which previously was used as a kennel (very luckily for me!) and had an indoor/outdoor run built into it. It has since been borded up but I am re-constructing it.

I have also (lucky again) met a friend of the nieghbour who has a LOT of chainlink fence which she had used for a previous pen + runs for her dogs, and she lives around the corner from me. She is GIVING me these materials FOR FREE, and I am purchasing more from Diablo's breeder, he has extra for sale.

Lots of work to do here but I am planning on staying here a while now. I love the area and my neighbours are super cool, they love bulldogs. I love being so close to the states now too. Driving 10 hrs to Tennessee then possibly driving 5 hrs to Indeanapolis next week. I like road trips of that length, especially if the weather is nice, but previously it would have been far too difficult a journey.

#10 ·
Q is also staying with the girl. She's taking care of him and brings him over for visits. Have to make room for a couple additions. I told the neighbours of the additions and they are totally cool about it and even anxious LOL. I may be getting another adult AB (female) and will be creating a 2nd run + pen in the back with Diablo. The 2 new pups will be inside with me. Glad I have a big house now, it's a good starter home for me because it's very cheap + old, the landlord is giving me money to do work to it, and while I do the work you KNOW I will be customizing it for my own uses + liking lol

#15 ·
Check this out, it's pretty cool I thought. These are all dogs that are in Diablo's Ped multiple times. The ones that show up most often.

I was looking at pics of dogs in Diablo's pedigree, and he has a STRIKING resemblance to Leclerc's Raging Bull (only much larger and bullier because of the Sure Grip and Barbosa blood in him)

Same markings, and a good dose of this dog's drive I think. Diablo is at least 2x Raging Bull (out of Johnson's Red Machine believe it or not)

6x Johnson's Red Machine (again, at least, may have missed some in the ped)

Symme's Rip 'N Woody bred by Johnson (old johnson blood)

He's also got a good dose of some really good (the older) MGK blood

MGK's She's a Doozy

MGK's Gator Red

He's doubled up on his grand-sire RE Sultan who he also has a striking resemblance to.

Really good working lines out of that guy. Sultan was tightly bred on Leclerc and Sure Grip lines.

#20 ·
Thanks! Yeah np on the pics of the dog run.

I'm clearing away an old wood pile first behind the kennel and then I'll take pics as I build it. The hole is already cut in the one bottom corner of the kennel, and there's a bracket already placed on the outside that someone used in a previous outdoor run, but I'm going to modify it to my own specs to have 2 - 3 indoor / outdoor runs. The interior has cement floors, which is perfect for cleaning. Once it's all done I will pick up some straw blocks so they will always have fresh bedding. Before I start to build I am spreading fresh borax around the kennel to raise the pH of the soil and eliminate pests. I'm then mixing cocoa powder with borax + flour and putting it in key spots inside the kennel (away from where the dogs will be though, this is toxic to them) to also act as pest control. Then when it;s all done, hooking up a mini-stereo system for them so they have some background audio to keep them occupied. If they have low constant noise/sound, it helps keep them calm and prevents them from barking at outside sounds like voices etc. Constant voices from a radio station really helps. Once they get used to it, they shouldn't really ever bark at any "strange" sound from outside the kennel, because it will all blend in.

#22 ·
Here's part of OSB's setup. It will be *similar* to this in a way, but the workshop I am using for the kennel is different. Mine's taller, wider, not as long and has more workable area inside. Electric heaters for the winter as well, it gets cool up here in Canada in the winter months.

#23 ·
ps: I am not going to own toooo many dogs though. I work from home so I am always around them, but if I have to leave to go into town, I will likely lock them up and crate them in the house because I am paranoid of theft. I value my dogs + future dogs too much. Too much time + money going into them to allow for any problems. I have people in the area who are in love with them too, and that sort of makes me worried lol

#25 ·
True, it's possible to secure them well, but I am still the type to worry too much hehe. Knowing me, I will probably purchase another German Shepherd or possibly a Malinois to gaurd my yard lol. Maybe a big drivey Tosa Inu that is not socialized well with strangers, who knows lol..in that case the kennel would need a barrier wall so there's no fence fighting, but that won't happen on this yard, not until I purchase an isolated chunk of land and then I can get another breed like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.