Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I woke up to the wonderful smell of CRAP, and of course the dogs crates are in our kitchen so that isn't very appetizing on days like these. Chapps pood all over his pillow (they each have a pillow and 2 blankets) so of course hubby is at work (and im preggo and SO nauseas as it is) so here am I cleaning everything up, throwing the pillow in the garbage etc etc Well todayyy, we wake up to an even WORSE smell...Chapps and Holly are super clean and 100% housetrained so i'm thinking something must be really wrong with Chapps. I look inside and Chapps is staring at me with "i didn't do it" eyes and Holly pood brown WATER all over her crate. The blankets, the pillows, and cage bars, omg...thank god hubby was home. I ran outside gagging as hubby made a face mask out of a dish towel to cover his nose and he's gagging....it was such a mess.
Needless to say all our windows are open and our house reeks!!! Poor dogs though...we don't know what it could have been!!!

Anyone have wonderful mornings like this?

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Bella has done that a couple of times. The first time we took her to the emergency vet clinic, and they gave her a shot of something that stopped all bowel movement for about 24 hours. The vet guessed that Bella got into the garbage or ate something foul outside. The second time, we just fasted her for a day, and her diarrhea cleared right up.

·
Registered
634 Posts
this happens at my house sometimes my dog will not go in the house unless they are sick when this happens i give them cooked rice ground beef bread and hard boiled eggs for 3 to 4 days this normaly clears them right up also dont feed your dog late at night mine dont eat past 6 pm

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Don't feed them too late at night, make sure they have time to get it all out before they go in the crate!
I also noticed if the crate is too big, or too long, they don't mind going potty because they won't have to sit in it. Make sure they have room to stand up and turn around, but they do not need a HUGE crate.

·
Registered
54 Posts
what a trip down memory lane -lol

When Simba was young we gave him a pig's ear treat to chew on in his crate while we were out....we came home to the most horrible smell...liquid poop in the crate, splashed on the nearby walls, floor...and of course crate was in kitchen too...hubby must have spent over an hour cleaning...had to leave all the windows open because the kitchen smelled like disinfectant etc until the next day.....

...for supper we ordered pizza and ate it far away downstairs in the family room -lol

needless to say, we never gave any of our dogs a pig's ear after that incident :D :D :D

p.s. I agree about the rice ....works really well for dog's runny stomach

·
Registered
932 Posts
LoveMy3ABs said:
We learned our lesson with pigs ears, too! YUCK what a mess!
really?
i've never had a problem with pigs ears!
patch's poo's are still as hard as ever?

isn't that funny.

you watch, tonight ill give him a pigs ear, and he'll have dire-rear tomorrow because i said this.. :? :?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Whenever any of my dogs have the case of diahrrea, I always fast them for 24 hours. It allows for their systems to clean themselves out. It usually does the trick if its just a case of them eating something they shouldn't have.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Been there done that! It seemed like it took forever to get that smell out of our kitchen! But Tanner ended up having a parasite that he took meds for and it took care of it. I also fasted him for 24 hours and it helped. Good luck and hope they are feeling better soon!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yup! Our 90 lb retriever has a 'queasy' tummy...never quite sure what will set it off... :roll: But he sleeps in the mudroom, so I can close all the doors and save the house from the worst of it...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Lisa said:
Whenever any of my dogs have the case of diahrrea, I always fast them for 24 hours. It allows for their systems to clean themselves out. It usually does the trick if its just a case of them eating something they shouldn't have.
Just a few comments here, pigs ears are pure fat, basically, which is why they set dogs' tummies off. As for giving a dog a med to stop or slow the diarrhea down, remember that diarrhea is nature's way of cleaining OUT something rancid they might have gotten into, like garbage. Fasting it for 24 hrs. makes much more sense than giving it a pill to stop intestinal mobility. If something's in there, they gotta get it out one way or another :)

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
as every one else said LOL BEEN THERE DONE THAT lmao stinkky buggers :wink: ...just fast them for 24 hours. It allows for their systems get back to normal

1 - 16 of 16 Posts