Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Rawhide bad or good or ok?

2. Flea and tick meds for 15 week old pup? yes no?

3. Tear stains what can I do for her, she only has one eye with white around it.

1/2 question - gas?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
1. Rawhide bad or good or ok? Can be dangerous, up to you if you want to take the chances of your dog choking on one or not, they can also cause intestinal blockage. I give them to my dogs occasionally and havent had any problems but i know that there is a risk involved as with just about anything else i give them

2. Flea and tick meds for 15 week old pup? yes no? yes should be fine, never use the flea/tick products from the store, only use the ones you get from your vet

3. Tear stains what can I do for her, she only has one eye with white around it. I dont know

1/2 question - gas? what do u feed her? gas is usually caused by food

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Medic Batista said:
1. Rawhide bad or good or ok?

2. Flea and tick meds for 15 week old pup? yes no?

3. Tear stains what can I do for her, she only has one eye with white around it.

1/2 question - gas?

1. Bad
2. Yes, Frontline or advantage work great and like AAP said only from your vet.
3. not sure......sorry......lol
4. Also like AAP said what food you give may be cause of the gas

·
Registered
99 Posts
1. Both. I use CET chews that I get from the vet, they are much more digestable than the store rawhides and do not expand in the belly like traditional rawhides do.
2. I agree with above posts, it is safe to use flea/tick products on a young pup as long as you get it from the vet. Frontline IS NOT a pesticide like many other products and is not poisonous if pet licks some. I believe Advantage is a pesticide but I may have it confused with Advantix, ask your vet.
3. RXV rinse is great for tear stains! My vet uses it on her maltese who are kept in full show coat.

gas is most likely due to diet.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Biscanton said:
just wondering
what is the difference between the stuff you would get from a vet and stuff in the stores?
I don't see a difference between what you get from the vet and what you get from the store. Frontline from a store is the same product that you get from a vet. You just have to make sure you get the correct weight class. Now, if you are talking about just the crappy brands they sell in the store, thats a different story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts