Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about had it.
I have had these puppies since birth, right???Then what the heck am I doing wrong???
I understand that these babies are exactly that, babies, and need training, but man!Im exhausted!
They are crate trained. They hold it all day while we are at work. I let them out after work, and they potty. Then they come in and Kato and Chocy pee everywhere. Not even alot. They just get the least bit of pee feeling and squat! This is happening way too much and Im tired of it.

Also, they can hold it all day right?? Then how come they are screaming at 2am, 4am and 5am??? I mean screaming!

Think we are spoiling them??
But if we ignore it, they will potty in the cage! I dont know.

Katos the worst. Maybe it has to do with his consumption and size, he is 10lbs bigger then any other pup!

Im all over them like you wouldnt believe, they are just refusing to grow up.

Daizy is the only one who is 100% trained. She will go to the door and cry.

Half the time, Kato poos before anyone else is done eating. Right there in front of me.Im gonna wring his neck.
Maybe they are all alittle slow!!Lol,,,,,,,,seemes that way!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
you sound a little stressed! :lol: Ah, puppies! Its a good thing they're cute! How old are the pups? There is a guideline you can go by with the age of them, but i'm having a blonde moment and can't remember it! If they are peeing a lot in the house, and not a lot is coming out, you might want to test for a urinary infection as well. Hang in there! They will grow up eventually! Or you can send them to me and i'll do it! Anything for puppies!

·
Registered
120 Posts
i feel you. Luchi is about 6 months old. when we first brought him home on saturday he got everyone up at 2am two nights in a row to ask to go out and again at 530am.
this morning, he got me up at 5am. he slept through most of the night. we're getting there. we also take up the water at 8pm. and he gets let out with everyone else at 10pm before we go to bed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
usually the rule of thumb is 1 hour +1 for every month of their age is how long they can hold it. My adult dog holds it all night for like 14-15 hours before she wants to go out..but during the day she likes to go out every 3 hours as well. You can't expect them to hold it all day and then again all night...they are doing pretty good if they hold it all day if they are young.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
sfbullygirl said:
usually the rule of thumb is 1 hour +1 for every month of their age is how long they can hold it. My adult dog holds it all night for like 14-15 hours before she wants to go out..but during the day she likes to go out every 3 hours as well. You can't expect them to hold it all day and then again all night...they are doing pretty good if they hold it all day if they are young.
I knew it had to be something simple like that! Thank GOD it's Friday.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are 11 weeks, and the vet has already tested them for a urinary tract infection.
I swear, Kato will come in, give kisses, and walk behind the chair and pee(hes so big he doesnt even squat, just stands there)
I have tile, and it stays bleached, so there should be no smell to cover up for him.
Chocy goes on my throw rug.
It's like, a simple teaspoon in the bladder and OOOPS! GOT TO GO!

I am stressed. :cry:

I can nevr catch them wither. I can tell by the size of the piddel who dun it!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
sajoseph said:
They are 11 weeks, and the vet has already tested them for a urinary tract infection.
I swear, Kato will come in, give kisses, and walk behind the chair and pee(hes so big he doesnt even squat, just stands there)
I have tile, and it stays bleached, so there should be no smell to cover up for him.
Chocy goes on my throw rug.
It's like, a simple teaspoon in the bladder and OOOPS! GOT TO GO!

I am stressed. :cry:

I can nevr catch them wither. I can tell by the size of the piddel who dun it!
I remember these days! It took me FOREVER to train Roxy that she goes OUTSIDE! I would be outside for 3 hours, standing there, telling her repeatedly "go pee", try ignoring her, nothing worked. Then i would get fed up and bring her in, and the second she touched the floor, would automatically pee! I wanted to kill her! As I said, it's a good thing they are cute!!! Again, the offer still stands if you want to send them up here and i'll puppysit for a while to give you a break! :wink:

·
Registered
107 Posts
at that age their max is 4 hours...so, bet thing to do is just take them out every hour and make sure to praise praise praise...treats are good too when they go outside so they get the message that a party happens for them when they go outside.

good luck..don't expect consistency until they are about 4-6 months of age..they usually just do not have the bladder control until then.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya know, I know!!! Im just running ragged right now. I need to be more patient.

But sometimes you do get one or two that are just ignorant!

Sassy never broke until she was like 7 and moved to Ohio, she got a lick of snow, that was all it took!

Dixie was Nooooooooooooooo problem, but still I think 5 months, her prob was in her cage, this is different. Sounds like Peeblerelf!!I do everything, they wanna lay in the sun, fat boy chases butterflies, Daizy flops around in the dirt, Chocy follows me and stares!!OMG!

Guess I better start watching them like hawks to catch which is peeing where and catch them in the act!

Its Fri, my husband usually takes over the AM shift on the weekend, so maybe the rest will do me good! (I said usually!!!)

Plus, I feed them at 6am as well, and again in the evening. So part of their crying is wanting food, I wish there was another way. Cant wait till they can eat once a day like the rest of the house!

Dixie is obese. Unreal, it all caught up with her and she's a whale-she goes around eating what the pups dont finish!!

I live in a zoo. Peebler-come and get them!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
sajoseph said:
Ya know, I know!!! Im just running ragged right now. I need to be more patient.

But sometimes you do get one or two that are just ignorant!

Sassy never broke until she was like 7 and moved to Ohio, she got a lick of snow, that was all it took!

Dixie was Nooooooooooooooo problem, but still I think 5 months, her prob was in her cage, this is different. Sounds like Peeblerelf!!I do everything, they wanna lay in the sun, fat boy chases butterflies, Daizy flops around in the dirt, Chocy follows me and stares!!OMG!

Guess I better start watching them like hawks to catch which is peeing where and catch them in the act!

Its Fri, my husband usually takes over the AM shift on the weekend, so maybe the rest will do me good! (I said usually!!!)

Plus, I feed them at 6am as well, and again in the evening. So part of their crying is wanting food, I wish there was another way. Cant wait till they can eat once a day like the rest of the house!

Dixie is obese. Unreal, it all caught up with her and she's a whale-she goes around eating what the pups dont finish!!

I live in a zoo. Peebler-come and get them!

You don't have to tell me twice! ON MY WAY!!!!! :lol: Just email me easy directions, I get lost easily! Attitude knows that VERY well! :wink:

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Man you sound stressed!!!! I know you are trying to do what is best for the pups but have you thought about letting someone adopt a couple of them? I know you have tried to sell a few but it sounds like maybe you have hit the wall. I can't imagine the undertaking and responsibility you have taken on in hopes that you can raise them right.
I'm sure you know that having 7 dogs isn't a safe evironment especially with pups. Pit bulls are very dominant, can I ask how you are keeping them from tearing into each other? Is the mother taking care of them @ all? Since you live in a warmer climate have you thought about possibly keeping them outdoors until you find suitable families?

If it were me, I think I would spend most of my time trying to find them homes instead of beating my head up against a wall. It's not fair to you or the pets.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Family of 5 said:
Man you sound stressed!!!! I know you are trying to do what is best for the pups but have you thought about letting someone adopt a couple of them? I know you have tried to sell a few but it sounds like maybe you have hit the wall. I can't imagine the undertaking and responsibility you have taken on in hopes that you can raise them right.
I'm sure you know that having 7 dogs isn't a safe evironment especially with pups. Pit bulls are very dominant, can I ask how you are keeping them from tearing into each other? Is the mother taking care of them @ all? Since you live in a warmer climate have you thought about possibly keeping them outdoors until you find suitable families?

If it were me, I think I would spend most of my time trying to find them homes instead of beating my head up against a wall. It's not fair to you or the pets.
I totally agree!! =D>

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I imagine all will become alittle easier once Daizys fate is decided, we all know that is inevitable. Sassy is 15yo, and not too well, she hardly moves anymore from the couch.

I have never had a problem with more then one pitbull. Never. Not with any of them. Never even a growl! I know the breed, I hear the stories, so I know what can happen, but it never has.

Every dog has a crate except Sassy. Every dog gets crated when I am not there or even in the room with them. That's how I semi control them.

Dixie still takes special care of Daizy, she is her favorite. Dixie however acts more of a playmate then a mother anymore-which is to be expected she is still young herself.Daizy still gets cleaned, and played with gently, and cleaned, and such from Dixie, its really sweet.

I cannot part with my last 3 puppies. I really cant. I am extra careful, Im just tired.

I think Daizy is the biggest "problem" and I know she shouldnt still be here, but tell hubby that! She takes soooooooooo much of me.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
well if you are going to keep them all just figure you'll be taking on triple the work and deal with it. You as the owner has that right but be prepared for work load. It isn't going to be easy

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Family of 5 said:
well if you are going to keep them all just figure you'll be taking on triple the work and deal with it. You as the owner has that right but be prepared for work load. It isn't going to be easy
I havent kept the whole litter family of 5. I kept 3.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
sajoseph said:
Family of 5 said:
I havent kept the whole litter family of 5. I kept 3.
Hey, I know. I was referring to this "I cannot part with my last 3 puppies."

"all" was referring to that

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I feel so bad for you! every "mom" wants to bang their head up against the wall from time to time......even with their human kids! I bet you feel alot better after hubby takes over this weekend........and you should definately make him let you get some rest! all will be better, you'll see :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts