Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rex is 6 months old today, Ok here is the problem he expects to be walked every 2 hours when Im home and I just wont have that its crazy. Im gonna narrow it down to 3 times a day, once in the morning, one in the lat afternoon once at night. He whines and whines if I dont take him out so I have to yell BE QUIET! I will not walk a dog this much its crazy and its not gonna happen. What are some things i can do to make him stop whining? He wont go inside if I dont take him either he just whines and its fricken annoying!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Just ignore him. He'll eventually give up. He'll probably do what's called an "extinction burst" right before he quits, though. He'll probably bark and jump around and do everything he can do get your attention. When he realizes that there's nothing he can do to make you take him for a walk, he'll give up trying.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Make each walk longer - tire him out completely! A 6-month old pup has a REDICULOUS amount of energy to burn! For the other times, before he starts whining, give him something to work on - a marrow bone, a frozen peanut-butter kong. Those should keep him quiet for a while.

Then, there's always the treadmill.... :wink:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
From just reading it.... it sounds like he has gotten might comfortable in the routine you were using before and he doesnt want to change. Now at 6 months, he definitly doesn't need a walk as much as you were taking him... maybe longer less frequent walks, but not so frequent.

The best thing I can think of is to just ignore him, and the whinning will only get worse before it gets better. But once he realizes he isnt getting a reaction from you when he whines, he should stop.

when Kate is barking at something outside, or starts whinning to me for some reason, I do the Cesar move. I snap my fingers and point at her and say shhh. Usually that gets her attention real quick and she stops. I might have to do it several times but now she knows what it means

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thansk Everyone! I swear im about to put him in the backyard for good I cant take this crap! Ok I wont do that but I cant take this whining crap its annoying. I ignore him and he just keeps whining and whining and whining. Id rather he bark

·
Registered
116 Posts
Janie can be like that sometimes too. But, thank god for dog parks. She really gets a workout there! But she is 6 months old, and its definetly 3 times a day, either a loooong walk or an hour plus at the dog park. It aint easy!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Shay78 said:
Erica said:
Kids Whine Toooooo.... :roll:
As you see this post was made early today to try to get advice to keep him I dont wat to get rid of him. BTW kids listen when you tell them to well at leat mine do lol.
Getting rid of a dog because it "whines" too much?! Wow...if something so trivial is going to make you consider getting rid of your dog, perhaps you shouldn't have one. I'm really not trying to be "that" guy, but all dogs have their own baggage. It's just something you have to work around.

Regarding any advice, ignoring the dog when it whines is definitely the way to go. My little guy was the same when I first got him. He soon realized that whining was futile so he stopped. He only whines now when he has to go outside to eliminate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts