Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Should Bull boxers be bred purposefully?

  • Of course not!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it would be cute

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bull boxer= american bulldog/boxer

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bullboxer.htm

I ran upon this when searching through dog breeds, what do you all think of this breed? It was under the "popular mixes" and i'm not sure if they meant that people bred them purposefully.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
It is very cute.... very very cute... but so is the boxer itself and the AB itself, so no need to mix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,116 Posts
Aren't those what Amocat00 has? They are becoming a somewhat recognized breed, are they not? I am pretty sure he has had one litter, and I THINK (sorry if I am wrong) that he may have another someday. I personally like the mix, but they are both cute all on their own. I see both sides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
A real bullboxer should be sbt/boxer. But often a bull type mix with boxer called bullboxer
they are very common in germany, or was.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,365 Posts
ambulldogpup said:
bull boxer= american bulldog/boxer

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bullboxer.htm

I ran upon this when searching through dog breeds, what do you all think of this breed? It was under the "popular mixes" and i'm not sure if they meant that people bred them purposefully.
That is what my little foster pups are..american bulldog/boxer - dad is full am bulldog and mom is full brindle boxer..how weird is that...and some of my pups are fawns and some are white..toooo weird that you found that..kinda kwell though..

thanx for the info..
e
 

·
Agent Squint
Joined
·
4,225 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
Aren't those what Amocat00 has? They are becoming a somewhat recognized breed, are they not? I am pretty sure he has had one litter, and I THINK (sorry if I am wrong) that he may have another someday. I personally like the mix, but they are both cute all on their own. I see both sides.
Amocat00 are Banter Bulldogs, they have APBT in them too :) think thats correct.

Bull Boxer are georgous, they make an excellent new Breed,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,321 Posts
whoa the first kinda reminds me of Champ. I had a pit/boxer mix and she wasnt a bad dog. Unfortunatly she picked up a deasese at the shelter And I couldnt keep her. It was a lot more then I could bite off at the time. I do know a couple of people that have bull boxers and they are excellent dogs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
My new dog Titan is a boxer AB mix. Hes awesome. looks a little like the pic in that link. :)

 

·
Agent Squint
Joined
·
3,627 Posts
Mine are Banter Bulldogges. Very similar to a point (some F1's), but I think we have different long-term goals. My Messiah is an F3 Banter Bulldogge regestered through IOEBA and my UCA registrations are in processing. I've been trying to find a way to post Messiah's pedigree on here, but haven't figured out how to save it from Excel to a photo yet. You can see my dogs in my avatar, signature, or here: http://photobucket.com/albums/v288/Amocat00/Pet Photos/
Todd and I both work our dogs, I'm not sure what the reasoning or purpose is for the Bullboxers.

~SDM

PS
Here's the link to photos from my first and only litter: http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?p=26948&highlight=#26948
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,365 Posts
Miakoda said:
I think it's just another designer mutt.
All dogs are mutts when it comes down to it..humans have refined different breeds..just a thought :wink: ..
 

·
Agent Squint
Joined
·
3,627 Posts
Erica said:
Miakoda said:
I think it's just another designer mutt.
All dogs are mutts when it comes down to it..humans have refined different breeds..just a thought :wink: ..
Some closed-minded people see them as "mutts" until they have a detailed history. They don't take in to consideration that ALL breeds today came from crossing different varieties of wild dogs. If you check out the history, Banter Bulldogges are being developed to "bring back" a breed that has existed as far back as at least the 1700's(Brabanter Bullenbeisser). But, if you're big in to YOUR breed, you might see them as mutts and believe they have no purpose. However, if people would open their minds a little bit, they'd realize the Bullenbeisser and other related breeds were probably used to "create" their "mutts." :wink:

Good point, Erica.

~S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
Bullenbeisser was crossed with the victorian-age bulldog to create the boxer correct? American bulldogs thus have much in common with boxers and share much of the same lineage. I can't remember off hand, but the bullenbeisser was a medium sized german mastiff I think?

But yeah, this mix doesn't seem unatural at all :)
 

·
Agent Squint
Joined
·
3,627 Posts
redbull said:
Bullenbeisser was crossed with the victorian-age bulldog to create the boxer correct? American bulldogs thus have much in common with boxers and share much of the same lineage. I can't remember off hand, but the bullenbeisser was a medium sized german mastiff I think?

But yeah, this mix doesn't seem unatural at all :)
http://www.moloss.com/brd/ab/b012/history.html

Here is the breed history, exactly what I'm trying to do with my dogs according to Moloss.com

Bullen Beisser, Baren Beisser
Brabantse Bullenbijter
Brabanter
Danziger Bullenbeisser
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
Amocat00 said:
Erica said:
Miakoda said:
I think it's just another designer mutt.
All dogs are mutts when it comes down to it..humans have refined different breeds..just a thought :wink: ..
Some closed-minded people see them as "mutts" until they have a detailed history. They don't take in to consideration that ALL breeds today came from crossing different varieties of wild dogs. If you check out the history, Banter Bulldogges are being developed to "bring back" a breed that has existed as far back as at least the 1700's(Brabanter Bullenbeisser). But, if you're big in to YOUR breed, you might see them as mutts and believe they have no purpose. However, if people would open their minds a little bit, they'd realize the Bullenbeisser and other related breeds were probably used to "create" their "mutts." :wink:

Good point, Erica.

~S
Thank you for alling out us "close minded" & uneducated bulldog breed people like myself. :roll:

In fact, I am perfectly aware of how today's dog breeds came about & why. My biggest offense is taken to people who think the 2 breeds should be mixed b/c the resulting puppies/dogs would be "cute". What a great byb statement. I own several different types of dogs. Most are APBTs, but I also have a Dogo Argentino, Ca da Bou, Rottweiler, Olde English Bulldogge, & last but not least, a wonderful cutsie mix of Shar Pei & Cane Corso. And although the last one is a very handsome dog, the breeding had absolutely NO purpose & only left me with an unsound dog with attitude. Now this is what happens when dogs are NOT bred for working purposes.

If someone wants to make the cross on a trial basis & is willing to test the dog in it's working ability for years & years to come, & then does the same with another cross, & then wants to breed those 2 already formed "Bullboxers" & then test those resulting dogs for the next many many years in order to prove the cross is worthwhile, so be it. (My good friend has Ca da Bous & Bandogs & both "breeds" are only there for one reason: to work). But to breed mixed breed mutts with cutsie names all for the "ittle bitsie" wrinkles they will have & naively think that crossing just any 2 dogs of opposite breeds is going to bring out the best genes in each, is not only naive but downright foolish.
 

·
Agent Squint
Joined
·
3,627 Posts
Miakoda said:
Amocat00 said:
Erica said:
Miakoda said:
I think it's just another designer mutt.
All dogs are mutts when it comes down to it..humans have refined different breeds..just a thought :wink: ..
Some closed-minded people see them as "mutts" until they have a detailed history. They don't take in to consideration that ALL breeds today came from crossing different varieties of wild dogs. If you check out the history, Banter Bulldogges are being developed to "bring back" a breed that has existed as far back as at least the 1700's(Brabanter Bullenbeisser). But, if you're big in to YOUR breed, you might see them as mutts and believe they have no purpose. However, if people would open their minds a little bit, they'd realize the Bullenbeisser and other related breeds were probably used to "create" their "mutts." :wink:

Good point, Erica.

~S
Thank you for alling out us "close minded" & uneducated bulldog breed people like myself. :roll:

In fact, I am perfectly aware of how today's dog breeds came about & why. My biggest offense is taken to people who think the 2 breeds should be mixed b/c the resulting puppies/dogs would be "cute". What a great byb statement. I own several different types of dogs. Most are APBTs, but I also have a Dogo Argentino, Ca da Bou, Rottweiler, Olde English Bulldogge, & last but not least, a wonderful cutsie mix of Shar Pei & Cane Corso. And although the last one is a very handsome dog, the breeding had absolutely NO purpose & only left me with an unsound dog with attitude. Now this is what happens when dogs are NOT bred for working purposes.

If someone wants to make the cross on a trial basis & is willing to test the dog in it's working ability for years & years to come, & then does the same with another cross, & then wants to breed those 2 already formed "Bullboxers" & then test those resulting dogs for the next many many years in order to prove the cross is worthwhile, so be it. (My good friend has Ca da Bous & Bandogs & both "breeds" are only there for one reason: to work). But to breed mixed breed mutts with cutsie names all for the "ittle bitsie" wrinkles they will have & naively think that crossing just any 2 dogs of opposite breeds is going to bring out the best genes in each, is not only naive but downright foolish.
I agree. And, I'm sorry if you felt guilty by association to include yourself in my assessment of "closed minded" people. However, what I'm doing is in no way similar to people breeding a dog for looks or to be just a family pet. Like I said, I agree with what you're saying in this most recent post.

~S
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
73 Posts
Wow, you guys left me with a "Mutt" brain, what, with all the quotes-in-quotes..."Mixed" my head all up. Anyway, although my dogs have papers and history, can't help but to feel my dogs are mutts also. I'm sure Switch ( The white boy ) is mixed with a peanutbutter&jelly sandwich,as it's all he thinks about, and it shows!!!! There can be a bitch in estrus hanging out in our back yard, and he won't get up to even look at her, knowing dang-well he smelled her a block away. Yet, you open the lid to the peanutbutter, and he'll be all the way in the other end of the house, and will knock everything over between here and there getting to ya!!!
Blade,(The brindle) I'm sure he's mixed with a NorthAmerican butthole, as he's sure fond of his own!!! He'll lay there for hours loving that thing up. And if it runs out of flavor and my neighbor happens to be over, he goes straight for him, as he's a REAL asshole too!
Okay, guess I had one too many tonight, but you guys need to chill a bit, so i thought I'd insert a little tardation to water down some passion. Look, listen, learn and feel, and in the end...Love the dog you have. However, Mia is an athority on this issue, and although sometimes a little coarse for some folks sensitve nature ( I personally like it rough...why i shared I do not know ) she can give you some very good information that's lacking only the candy-coating some peeps need before exception. There are any number of reasons why deciding to just start mixing breeds is probably not a good idea, but temperament and health would stand out most for me. For some breeds it took years and years to work-out certain issues, and that effort can be destroyed really quick with all kinds of new crap being introduced, and especially in a age where there are far more dogs than there are people willing to house them when they decide they don't like what they find in a particular dog, and/or mix of dog. We should remain"OPEN MINDED" enough to consider that, as well.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top