Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just returned from a ski weekend - and we brought luna (our 1 yr old AB) along this time. when we returned to our house, she headed straight for her bed (the one we DIDN'T bring with) and hung out there for a while with a bone. next thing we know, she's squatting over the bed and peeing on it! no whining, no clues at the door - NOTHING! strange.

and when i had a second to think about it, i realized that every time we are away for the weekend, whether she comes with us or stays at the boarding house, she comes back and has a mini little accident (which i don't think is so much of an "accident"...) on her bed.

anyone heard of/experienced this odd behavior before?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Oh! yes she pissed at you literally! I had the same problem with a cat I had. He would do it when we spent a little more time with another cat we had. It's totally out of spite, she made at the two of you. Sorry but I haven't a clue how you can break her of that it just took time and reasurrence with our cat.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I think it's more of a territorial thing. My old cocker spaniel would pee on her bed every time we would wash it. I think she wanted everyone to know it was hers. Maybe your dog was just marking her territory when she got back from her trip to let you know that she still owned that bed!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
totally, i think it is a weird getting her scent on the bed thing. i mean, she's totally a spite kinda dog - bratty, if you will! - but she was with us, no leaving involved. that's why i think it has to do with her scent.

so does this mean i just have to deal? uggggh...

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
luna said:
I don't know. I think it may be hard to train that out of her. We ended up putting a plastic bag over the matress but under the cover that you wash. It definitly helps make the bed last longer but it's really loud at night everytime they roll over or reposition themselves. Plus my dog was a cocker spaniel so the pee was much smaller than an AB! I don't really know what to tell ya...I'm sorry!!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,008 Posts
luna said:
totally, i think it is a weird getting her scent on the bed thing. i mean, she's totally a spite kinda dog - bratty, if you will! - but she was with us, no leaving involved. that's why i think it has to do with her scent.

I agree, I think she is just making sure everyone knows that she is back to her bed. They are possessive of THEIR things. She is still young and as she gets older (18 months old or so) and has more confidence in her surroundings and in herself this should stop. Knowing she may do this when you return, do not let her in until she has peed outside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.