Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG how do you guys do it with multiple pets. I am going to tear my own face off!!! They are like a couple of mis-behaved children who need a good spanking!! Sugar and Dirk have finally figured out the pecking order..I think! They are getting along fine. I am glad I stuck it out. I just need to work on Dirk being food agressive. If one wants to sleep the other wants to play and vise versa! I walk them, I play ball, I walk them, I play ball...WTF Talk about stamina!! Please tell me there is some secret to maintaining a quiet house!! I know that I can't expect Dirk to be a bump on a log because he is just high energy. He is either in high gear or sleeping. If any of you have any tips on how to keep a pair of pooches happy..please share!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sugarbear, I have a hard time keeping one content. I couldn't imagine having 2!!

All I do is walk him, play with him and pray he'll be tired out at some point and keep telling myself he'll grow up someday and I'll miss him being a puppy...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have 2 bulls and live on a farm. I find they keep each other pretty content and occupied. The key is getting them to stop playing at your command and to down stay. At least that is what works for us. We tell them when they can play and when the have to chill.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: sorry, not being any help here. i have been sick all week and izzy is drivin me nuts cuz she has energy to burn . nice to know i am not the only one suffering :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
attitude said:
:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: sorry, not being any help here. i have been sick all week and izzy is drivin me nuts cuz she has energy to burn . nice to know i am not the only one suffering :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Well, curse you!! I think I am going to build a giant hampster wheel..only it will be for Bully's and GSD's!! BLAHHH..I think since the weather is nice today we might take the two of them to the ball field and let them play! My friggin camera isn't holding a charge so I can't take snaps. Double BLAHHHH!
edit**Oh and I hope you feel better soon! :wink:

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Please tell me there is some secret to maintaining a quiet house!!

Crates. When you want some piece and quite, you just have to crate them with
a chew toy. I can tell mine (4 of them) to go lay down and that will work for about 30 mins and
then one of them is going to want outside and it starts all over again.
:wink:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I have a 15 month old pitbull and a 14 month old boxer mix and boy are they hyper!!!

Um, how do I keep a quiet house...? .....I don't....lol. They usually play a lot and then both pass out but there are many times it's really nuts in this house, they are running around and banging into stuff.

2 big dogs are not for the faint of heart!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
attitude said:

Please oh please ship Izzy to me, I will work her till she drops.................. Ok not drops............ :wink:

·
Registered
807 Posts
SugarBear said:
OMG how do you guys do it with multiple pets. I am going to tear my own face off!!! They are like a couple of mis-behaved children who need a good spanking!! Sugar and Dirk have finally figured out the pecking order..I think! They are getting along fine. I am glad I stuck it out. I just need to work on Dirk being food agressive. If one wants to sleep the other wants to play and vise versa! I walk them, I play ball, I walk them, I play ball...WTF Talk about stamina!! Please tell me there is some secret to maintaining a quiet house!! I know that I can't expect Dirk to be a bump on a log because he is just high energy. He is either in high gear or sleeping. If any of you have any tips on how to keep a pair of pooches happy..please share!

Strap on and hang on for the ride, there is no slowing them down. Just enjoy the quiet time you have while they are asleep. :wink:

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
RED said:
attitude said:

Please oh please ship Izzy to me, I will work her till she drops.................. Ok not drops............ :wink:
RED! wholey crap man! nice to have you back
right now i would like to drop her myself, bloody biatch. don't know who it was that said the females are more receptive to your feelings. what a load of crap that is

·
Registered
807 Posts
attitude said:
RED said:
attitude said:

RED! wholey crap man! nice to have you back
right now i would like to drop her myself, bloody biatch. don't know who it was that said the females are more receptive to your feelings. what a load of crap that is
I agree, the felmales are straight freakin nutty! I love that about them, my male is so laid back. Any time your ready I will have her on the suit in no time killing decoys.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RED said:
SugarBear said:

Strap on and hang on for the ride, there is no slowing them down. Just enjoy the quiet time you have while they are asleep. :wink:
Ha! Your telling me. We all take naps when it's their nap time!

·
Registered
979 Posts
As a human owned by three ridgebacks, two cats and one conure, I would say the secret to a quiet house is deafness.

I don't even notice the commotion any more. I think I'd be at a loss if everything went quiet.

Paula

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
that's why we have a fenced in back yard...when they get outta control in the house, out they go....

taking them on walks doesn't seem to satisfy them anymore, they wear me out so we have to stop....then we also play fetch and tug...

lastnight, i had so much trouble getting baylee to go to bed...all she wanted to do was play... i was constantly saying, "sit, sit, down...good girl" then it was "no, get back here" etc.... it took about 15 minutes for her to calm down

we don't crate them anymore, they have their beds in the family room and sleep there....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts