Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had this dog from a breeder in phoenix and am curioous about it's ped. the breeder was dirty so i'm not sure if i would ever get another dog off him. but this girl had more drive then any ab i have seen. it was off the charts. very stable and great with the family. knew when to be protective and was a little dog aggressive. but truley a great AB. i had to put her down last year becuase of skin problems. after about $2500. i decided i couldn't do it any more that was all in 6 months. that doesn't include the normal vet stuff. that was just for the doggie durmatologist. any ways i was told it was part from being pure white. plus being a bull breed.

sorry about the rant. here is the dog's from her ped. let me know please. i see alot of people are very versed with alot of diffrent lines so i figure you guys can tell me some thing.

thanks guys and gals..........

--------------------------------------------- magnum's kaboom
------------------------Magnum's rocky
---------------------------------------------magnum's misery

celeya's hacksaw II

----------------------------------------------hacksaw 1
-----------------------celay's matilda
----------------------------------------------testa's zap

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

---------------------------------------------LECLERC'S GAR
-----------------------MAGNUMS BRUTIS
---------------------------------------------LECLERC'S GYPSY

CELEYA'S DEBA

-----------------------------------------------HACKSAW 1
---------------------CELAYA'S MATILDA
----------------------------------------------TESTA'S ZAP

·
Registered
790 Posts
It was backyard bred except for some Leclerc dogs a way back.

I have never heard of these dogs. Pedigree is nothing to be excited about.

As for skin issues, what did you feed it?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PeterC said:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PeterC said:

at first it was just a mixture of pedigree and some eggs, peanut butter, and fish oil.
after she started haveing problems i went to a all nattural food plus the other stuff. i guess the corn in dogs food makes their temp hi inside.

i found some stuff out at the ab club i went to last night.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crackerbull said:
all i can tell you is they were half brother half sister breeding and 1/4 leclercs.gar was supposibly part boxer....rs
i was told last night that leclerc's put a splash of pit in is line along time ago. sorta like some other lines out there that have put something in it. i was actually suprised at some of the lines that i heard did this or is rumored to.

·
Registered
146 Posts
PeterC said:

I disagree... A good pedigree IS pretty important... THAT pedigree happens to not be.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
crackerbull said:
all i can tell you is they were half brother half sister breeding and 1/4 leclercs.gar was supposibly part boxer....rs
i was told last night that leclerc's put a splash of pit in is line along time ago. sorta like some other lines out there that have put something in it. i was actually suprised at some of the lines that i heard did this or is rumored to.

·
Registered
626 Posts
GOT14U said:
crackerbull said:
they all have pit in them,some more then others and some need some more too..did you know there is st bernard in some of them?and akc english bulldog/olde english bulldog,bullmastiff,catahoula....the list goes on...rs

·
Registered
146 Posts
crackerbull-

What you say is true... there are alot of other breeds mixed in to make an AB... but that is also true of pretty much all breeds. When people say that about AB's, there is nothing wrong with it (its true), I just feel the need to point out that all breeds are a mixture of things before they become a 'breed'.

·
Registered
626 Posts
bubbabulldog said:
crackerbull-

What you say is true... there are alot of other breeds mixed in to make an AB... but that is also true of pretty much all breeds. When people say that about AB's, there is nothing wrong with it (its true), I just feel the need to point out that all breeds are a mixture of things before they become a 'breed'.
.....goti4u said he was suprised that someone added pit to ab lines or rumored too..like he thought they came over on the mayflower pure bulldog from england.the ab is a misterious breed and alot of people new to it just need time to learn about it...bubba are you in florida?...rs

·
Registered
146 Posts
I live in Va cracker...

I do believe that there were some bulldogs that the settlers brought with them to America. And those dogs ARE part of the gene pool that makes up todays AB's. Down south there are some ol' southerns that are very close to these dogs. I dont want to argue about it, Im not stating it as fact, but as my opinion.

About pit in AB lines... there shouldnt be any pit being added to AB lines NOW. The American Bulldog has a chance to be fully recognized as its own seperate breed by everyone (not just NKC)... putting pit in now just ruins that effort.

Cracker, I am moving to Gainesville at the end of 2007 and I lived in Ocala for awhile about 10 yrs back. The AB puppy I am getting in January is coming from Joshua's.

·
Registered
626 Posts
bubbabulldog said:
I live in Va cracker...

I do believe that there were some bulldogs that the settlers brought with them to America. And those dogs ARE part of the gene pool that makes up todays AB's. Down south there are some ol' southerns that are very close to these dogs. I dont want to argue about it, Im not stating it as fact, but as my opinion.

About pit in AB lines... there shouldnt be any pit being added to AB lines NOW. The American Bulldog has a chance to be fully recognized as its own seperate breed by everyone (not just NKC)... putting pit in now just ruins that effort.

Cracker, I am moving to Gainesville at the end of 2007 and I lived in Ocala for awhile about 10 yrs back. The AB puppy I am getting in January is coming from Joshua's.
keep in touch im north of tampa...i have legal places to hunt hogs :D ...rs

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
crackerbull said:
bubbabulldog said:
crackerbull-

.....goti4u said he was suprised that someone added pit to ab lines or rumored too..like he thought they came over on the mayflower pure bulldog from england.the ab is a misterious breed and alot of people new to it just need time to learn about it...bubba are you in florida?...rs
i said i was surprised at some of the bloodlines that i heard did this. i do think some kennels like joshua kennels is not touched. most everything else out there (as in the big names) have had this done. not saying it's bad they just made what they thought was a good american bulldog.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts