Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Daniel and I am currently living in Hubert,NC(Southeast,NC) Might be moving to near Denver,CO I dont not own any bully breeds as of right now but have owned both a Amstaf and an AB. Right now I am looking for a breeder of Standard/Scott/Performance type American Bulldogs, and was looking for some sugestions on breeders. Any info on respectable breeders is appreciated remember I am looking for the Standard/Scott/Performance AB maybe a 50/50 hybrid. Or along those lines ya know.

·
Registered
634 Posts
i dont kown if i will get in trouble by posting this info for u but i breed my abs there is a section in the begging of the form for breeders u can look one up there if not send me your e mail and i can give u a few numbers one thing thow all the people i know show ther dogs and they a not cheep but just rember u get what u pay for

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah well i planned on showing to and I know good dogs dont come cheap. Im not looking for a cheap Back yard bred non guarenteed companion dog. Yes it will be a companion but I want to show and weight pull after a few years.

·
Registered
790 Posts
If you want to show and pull, there is two that have excelled.

Mountain Gator Kennel. Kinda Johnsonish dogs.

Browns Creek AB in Oregon. He breeds for weightpullers and his dogs are standards.

Everyone says they weight pulls with their dogs like they say they do protection work. VERY few do. VERY few.

I would not go to the above if you want protection dogs, but for weight pull, they would be the first on my list for weight pull.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
JEMMS in Michigan does wieght pull and conformation showing with their dogs and I beleive they do well. However, they are more of a bully type AB .

What I like about Jemms, is that they are doing health testing...I believe all the breeding stock is PennHip certfied and many have also been NCL tested. The vast majority of the "bully type" AB breeders (actuallly any AB breeders but more so with the bully type) are not testing for this.

I know Jamie is a good person and will stand behind her dogs.

http://www.jemmskennels.com/

PS Personally, I would stay away from anyone who has to rely on internet message boards or forums to sell puppies. The best breedings don't need that type of "advertisement". ;)

Good luck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I wasnt looking to find the actual breeder advertising on this forum I was just asking for people's suggestions on good breeders that they know about in there area or others. perferably with atleast pennhip and even better if hip and NCL testing.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Lisa said:
PS Personally, I would stay away from anyone who has to rely on internet message boards or forums to sell puppies. The best breedings don't need that type of "advertisement". ;)
How does a person who has never owned an AB but is interested in the breed look for a dog, if internet advertisement is something to stay away from?

As an example, how did you get your first American Bulldog?

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
bigut64 said:
Lisa said:
How does a person who has never owned an AB but is interested in the breed look for a dog, if internet advertisement is something to stay away from?

i think your taking lisa wrong i dont think she saying stay a way from people that advertise on the internet just people that troll the chat rooms and fourms to find buyers ...for there pup's findint info and breeders fine but not people trying to sell to you on line :wink: ...i think thats what she's getting at !

·
Registered
886 Posts
ALPHAMALE said:
bigut64 said:
Lisa said:

i think your taking lisa wrong i dont think she saying stay a way from people that advertise on the internet just people that troll the chat rooms and fourms to find buyers ...for there pup's findint info and breeders fine but not people trying to sell to you on line :wink: ...i think thats what she's getting at !
I am just whondering for future reference, since i like the Johnson type AB's so much, how did you come along your beauties?

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
bigut64 said:
I am just whondering for future reference, since i like the Johnson type AB's so much, how did you come along your beauties?
Vegas took longer to find than Stella Vegas took almost 2 years then when i got fed up and my phone bill was getting 3-4 hunder aamonth + calling down to the states and uk ...i posted adds allover the place trying to get help i got over 15 responces then had to weed through all the crap dog's and B.S people tryed to shuvel ..till i found him ..Stella i found her wile i was looking for Vegas .. :wink:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ive noticed it is really hard to find good ones. I want a dog that has a face just like Stellas. But i know that will be hard to find since you dont see what they will end up like when they are just puppies, or better yet not even born yet.

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
bigut64 said:
Ive noticed it is really hard to find good ones. I want a dog that has a face just like Stellas. But i know that will be hard to find since you dont see what they will end up like when they are just puppies, or better yet not even born yet.
thats why you need to do the research ..back ground check ..look 3-4-5-6-7- gen's back in the dam's and sir ped's see what all the other dogs look like should give you a good idea on yours will turn out like as well as some names to check heath rec as well as breeders hystory cheers are you looking now or just making convosation ?

HOLY CRAP I REALY CANT SPELL ! :oops:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I am not really looking now, i am browsing. But you said it took you 2 years to find the one you were looking for so maybe i should start , iiiii dunno. I just know if i did actually find the right one, i would not be able to afford it since i am still in college. I have a good job and everything but not enough to take care of another bully

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys wanna stay on topic? I am looking for a Breeder right now not in the future. So nobody knows of anybody that breeds a good Standard/performance type american bulldog even if there not great pullers. Titles are the least of my worries I just want to have an activity that me and my dog can enjoy. there has to be somebody around with quality standard/performance registered bulldogs. Perferably with a website so I can see some of there breeding stock.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
PeterC said:
If you want to show and pull, there is two that have excelled.

Mountain Gator Kennel. Kinda Johnsonish dogs.

Browns Creek AB in Oregon. He breeds for weightpullers and his dogs are standards.

Everyone says they weight pulls with their dogs like they say they do protection work. VERY few do. VERY few.

I would not go to the above if you want protection dogs, but for weight pull, they would be the first on my list for weight pull.

Good luck.
Googled these folks, DAY-UM :shock:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Bricks!!! Does your dog ever look like my new dog! Even down to the exact same collar! :shock:

LOL...thanks! Made my evening!... :p

1 - 20 of 57 Posts