Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Garbage dogs like most other breeds. Hopefully a few true healthy and recognizable lines will keep it right, but it's the same bs with EBs and all the designer bulldogges these days.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Tina, I think it is quite an assumption to say that ABs that are outcrossed with other dogs are going to be "garbage dogs". Are y'all aware that some of the MOST SUCCESSFUL working dog kennels and bloodlines in the world hang papers regularly? Why? Because of the conformation registrations, it is common knowledge that these folks would breed any working dog to another working dog to improve their lines. I'm not just talking bulldogs either.

Perhaps I wasn't clear with what I meant. I wasn't referring to outcrossing or any methodical form of breeding. You know, where there is productive purpose And positive gain. I'm referring to those who see it as a trend or for business. With all the out BSL issues I am noticing a lot more popularity in different ABs and mixes being called ABs. These are the garbage dogs. Someone looking to make a quick buck and realizing this market will provide that. Someone who mates their dog with another based on this popularity. I see it here. I know many ppl here, myself included have dogs that are a product of BYBs and puppy mills. Some of us get lucky but most don't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts