Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we're thinking about a move in the next few months - back to the u.s. – and (of course) taking luna with.
she had a rough time with seperation anxiety when we first adopted her (just getting over it now...ugggh!) so i'm thinking it might become a problem again when we move.
anyone been through a big move or have any suggestions on how to ease the move in general - for her AND us!![/b]

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
My mom and I recently moved, not a BIG move, but a good half hour away. I wasn't sure if Abby would know it was her new home but she adjusted pretty quickly and loves her YARD. We use to live in an apartment and didn't have a fenced backyard. I'm sure your AB will be fine on the move, are you taking her in the car with you?

·
Registered
410 Posts
So you are out of the USA right now?? If so don't you have to put your dog thu quarantine or something like that when bring them in from over seas??? Once you get here all should be good, I think it would be the trip and the stay away from you if she has to go thru quarantine, you might want to talk to you vet and see what they think, they will probably have to sign off on some papers anyway for you.... not sure....

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
maybe you can help her out with pill to help her relax or something. Kate and I moved half way across the country from a house with a yard to an apartment in a house but with no big yard or fence. She acutally did very well on the 16 hour trip and adjusted nicely to the new place.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help, everyone.
yeah, it's a big move - sunshine coast, bc all the way to brooklyn, ny. she'll be in the car with us (a long fun camping trip, so i think she'll enjoy that part) but i do have concerns about back-sliding with the seperation anxiety and about transforming her from a country dog to a city dog.
i just want to know, i guess, that people do this all the time and it works.
maybe i'm the one who's nervous about how i'll do - and it's not luna at all!

thanks again for the vote of confidence![/i]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts