Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this morning at 3:30am I woke up to Achilles throwing up.. Then he threw up again at 8:30am and then 3 times from noon untill around 3pm.. So I called my g/f at the vet office and she told me to bring him in.. The first 2 times he threw up, he threw up food, then the last three times it was liquid... He wouldn't eat or drink all day.. He also was extremely non-responsive.. His eyes looked like he was stoned.. So I took him in, he was running a 103.3 tempature and still weighed 16.4oz.. So he only went down .4 ounces in weight, so it wasn't to serious.. Doc gave him a shot for his vomitting and also some meds for him to take for the rest of the week.. Doc said it deffinately tied in w/ his kennel cough.. SO anyways, Sorry to rant, I was just alittle frustrated... I feel so bad that the poor guy has been sick like this..
-Matt

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Poor Achilles! I hope he gets better soon! Bella was always sick for the first few months we had her. In the first 7 months we had her, we spent $2,000 at the vet on all of her problems. She is a walking auto-immune problem!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, that seems to be the case w/ Achilles.. But what can we do ya know? Hes only a pup and unfortunately his immune system isnt' as strong as an older dog..
-Matt

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
He'll get straightened out eventually. :D Bella is almost 10 months old and finally getting a good immune system. I'm a little nervous to see how her allergies are come spring, though.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Poor boy! I've had lots of cases of kennel cough since I've been fostering, but I've never seen vomiting associated with it. Hope the shot helps and he feels better soon. If he won't eat his regular food, you could boil some chicken and mix it with some brown rice. It's easy on the stomach, and my Sophie loves it when I make it for her.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Poor baby. It's hard when a dog gets sick, eben more so when it's just a puppy. Hope he feels better real soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts