Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, from my post a while back:
http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=6273&highlight=
asking what dog to get, it looks like we are rescuing a Boxer on Friday. Zeus seeks them out at the dog park and loves to romp with them. We brought her home, to see if it was a fit, and they were like two little kids.

My question, to others that have multiple dogs, what kind of tips can you provide? This will be the Boxer's third home in 10 weeks (owner's, foster Mom, now ours) so I want to make the transition easy for her.

· Registered
2,239 Posts
I would say limit their play time until you are 100% sure she is comfortable in your home. You don't want her to feel bombarded as soon as she comes home. Let her take her time and smell things out and let her figure out that this is her permanent home.

I had to do that with Kate even though she had known me her whole life but being as my home was new to her, she had to feel her way around it. It sure didn't take very long! lol but we had to let her do that.

Feed them seperately to begin with. And also take away all toys and bones and slowly introduce them. If you even need them at all.

When bringing Kate back home to meet the new family dog Page, they argued over a toy so we just picked them up and they play enough with each other that they don't even need their toys! We slowly let them have toys outside where there is more room to play and they do okay with those toys, but they stay outside

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kate. Good advice.

apbtgurl26, Zeus is an American Bulldog. He really singles out the Boxers to play with though. The Boxer rescue called AB's Boxers on steriods, which I thought was pretty funny.

We are very excited. Here are two pictures of her (Winter).

· Registered
2,239 Posts
oh my!!! she is soooooo cute!!! I can't wait to see more pictures once you get her home. I bet you are very excited!

Oh and another thing... when you bring her home. I would reintroduce her and Zues like they had never met. That is one way people go wrong. They think the dogs will automatically love each other again and remember each other, definitly not so! That will help with having a happy household!

Take them on a walk together. Get them used to each other again that way, tire them out, and get her used to your neighborhood

· Registered
1,470 Posts
Oh wow...she's sure pretty! Yes, I will warn you...my Shelby is 3 and still hyper as hell!!! But I love her, and wouldn't have her any other way! :wink: Boxers have TONS of energy. They're also very protective dogs - I wouldn't say guard dogs, but protective of their home and owners. If Shelby doesn't know you...UNTIL SHE DOES...you're not coming in my house... :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.