Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you use advantage flea preventative, and if so, does your dog not like it. It is a oily substance that you put on their back once a month to prevent fleas, mosquitos, and ticks. Anyway, every month when i put it on Murphy, he hides in his kennel for the rest of the day like he is so upset. It is not suppose to be painful, so i don't know why it makes him so upset. i think it must itch b/c when he does finally go outside he rolls around and goes crazy. i know that they have sensitive skin, so maybe it burns. just wondering if anyone else has the same problem.

·
Registered
932 Posts
oh dear, the poor baby!

i'm not sure, but i would look into it if i were you!

I use it and i've never had a problem?!

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
I think it's the scent...I put it on my cat and she runs around like her a$$ is on fire for about 10 minutes. I'm thinking that with the proximity of its placement to their eyes/nose, it must burn.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I heard it can burn dog's necks. My dogs flip out when I give them Frontline (which I now go the natural route), so I asked my boss at work who owns a vet clinic and does vaccination clincs every weekend and he said it is a common question he gets.

Go an alternate route, switch to Frontline, or have them just be unhappy for a day -- only options.

·
Registered
634 Posts
my neibour used the same stuff and her dog proke out in hives she bathed her wated a month and tried agin same thing happened so i told her to try frontline she did and no problems dogs are just like people some react differnt to differnt cemacles im algertic to cats but by girlfriend isnt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.