Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Fla fleas can be a problem year round. For years I have relied on Advantage, but never seemed completly with it. We have a great flea prevention method, but needless to say if your neighbors don't then you are constantly fighting them! We spray, they die or leave, and come back. (Yuk, I can just imagine how the neighbors dogs feel!) Anyway, I bought Frontline this month for the first time and used it. I have to say, I am amazed. With Advantage, there was a smell to it, kinda like burnt hair, and the smell was abosorbed and you could smell it on the dogs breath and stuff. Also, we would occasionally see fleas brought in.

My dogs had the Frontline applied two days ago, and there is no smell what so ever. No residue on their fur either, and no funny smell on their breath. I haven't seen a flea on them at all-but that was only occasionally anyway.

What do you all use?

·
Registered
380 Posts
in new jersey I had flea problems and I used advantage and adams spray for the yard and boarder. If you vaccum remember to put the bag in the freezer when done to kill the fleas and eggs. now i live in utah not one flea he he. Also I listed a product called Paramite on the mange page which is a good dip with a great risidual, can be purchased from Valley Vet or Pet Edge.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I use revolution for my dog and my cats. I have a cat that is allergic to fleas, which is why we started using it.

What is this medication used for
Revolution is a topical parasiticide used in the treatment or prevention of heartworm disease, fleas, the American dog tick, ear mites and canine sarcoptic mange in dogs. When used in cats it is used in the treatment or prevention of heartworm disease, fleas, ear mites and also to prevent hookworm and roundworm disease.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/pselect.asp?LV=201&PG=Revolution

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.