Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I don't mean inside her mouth either. Its pinkish around her muzzle and outer lips and chin, where it's short white hair. Also on her lower belly and inside thigh skin. I know she hasn't gotten into anything. It's always been like this, sometimes a little more noticeable than other times. Is it just good circulation, normal puppy, or possibly some sort of allergy ?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blittle said:
post some photos of the areas
My camera is an older Sanyo, doesn't do real close/macro type pics. And because it's white hair, it really washes out. Here's a comparison, look between your dogs toes if white. Is the skin pinkish ? Sassy's is and the other areas are the same. Now she's been out all day (cool and rainy) but this is after sh' warmed up. It shows up out in the sun very well.

·
Registered
379 Posts
hard to say without seeing the area of concern. It sounds like normal flushing of the skin. This is more noticable on dogs with lighter pigment.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it's just she's excited. Elevated pulse and blood preasure Only this past Saturday did she finally go upstairs to the middle level. And tonight she followed me up to the bedroom level. She's been trying to be still at my feet while I post this. Doing a little whinning, a little sneaking into the closet, mouthing my wife's fuzzy slippers, LOL.

And it is just a light pink, not even as dark as her name in her banner, more like the lightest pink in the roses. Maybe I'm making something out of nothing.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Yup it could just be excitement! lol. Different world up there with mommy and daddy! I know Legend when he gets excited around his eyes get's red.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up, Atticus has the same thing. I always thought he was sun burnt, but the excitement factor could be it, too! Thank you.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Sounds normal. As long as she not scratching, I wouldn't worry about it. Chopper gets flush like that too. When he's warm, excited, angry, etc.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I won't worry about it then, thanks for all the replies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts