Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kate started throwing up. This time I have noooooooo clue what could be the reason. She has been in her crate when I am not home.

So the morning we left Elkhart to come home she didnt eat a thing, but she also did not like the hotel at all so I attributed it to that. After that accident and everything when we got settled in at home she ate all her dinner right away. Monday and Tuesday she ate both breakfast and dinner. Wednesday she did not eat breakfast at all and so that is what I gave her for dinner and she ate that all. Today, she has not even looked at her breakfast let alone eat it. She had it available to her for about half hour this am and for about an hour and a half so far this afternoon. Then just about 20 min ago she started gagging for about a min then threw up. When I went to get paper towels she threw up again.

I guess the first thing that comes to mind is her food. I left her food here when we went back Home cause my mom said we would just buy another bag at home. Since we got back I started feeding her from her original bag. We were at home for 3 weeks... is it possible that her food went bad and its making her sick??

Please help, I can't do this for another week like last time and we are going on vacation tomorrow night and will be where no vet is available

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Alf.

I just talked to my mom, and this is what we are going to do...I'm going to give her some food from the newest bag just to make 100% sure (I highly doubt food can go bad that quick tho) and give her some peto. If she still hasnt ate or has thrown up more by tomorrow, then I am going to call the vet just to see what he says before we leave.

Any more information would be wonderful tho.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Awww - poor Katers! :cry: The dog food seems like a good place to start. Depending on what kind of food it is and whether or not it has any preservatives in it, I guess it could go bad in that period of time. :-k I hope that's all it is and she feels better soon!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RED said:
You can bring her to my house and I will keep a close eye on her. :wink:
Hahah I keep that in mind for sure!!

Also, in case anyone was wondering, I decided to rename Kate. From Miss Kate to Miss the death of me :roll:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course now when I have to leave in 5 min to go to school she starts eating ](*,) ](*,)

It is with the new food tho so maybe that was just it

·
Registered
807 Posts
Kate said:
Of course now when I have to leave in 5 min to go to school she starts eating ](*,) ](*,)

It is with the new food tho so maybe that was just it

Im sure thats it! What kind of food do you have her on?

Im going to need to know these things when I "borrow" her for alittle while. :twisted:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well she has been in her crate literally everytime I leave even if its just to run to the store. But I'm sooooooooooooo glad scarlet threw up the sock (like Kate did the underwear) so it didnt get into her bowel where it would of been bad!!

But when she starting eating again she ate allllll of it the min I put it down. So maybe the "old" stuff smelled bad to her too. So I'm going to feed her again when I get home to see if she eats again.

She's on royal canine. I'm just going to throw out the "old" bag.... waste of money but better then having to spend more money at the vet!

Oh and she wanted NOTHING to do with the peto, guess she does take after me afterall :wink:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I didn't know they have one... I have her on the bulldog one.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Kate said:
No I didn't know they have one... I have her on the bulldog one.
I know a few people on the boxer formula that love it. I have no personal experince with it. Our trainner told us if we wanted to try it, to use the boxer, that is what he suggested for the pits also. Since they are the same build and enegy level as a boxer. I can get that stuff at a good deal, so I think it would be best to just drop off Kate at my place for a bit and I will make sure she likes the new formula, and feeling ok. :wink:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol well arent you mr persistant :eek:) thats funny tho! Well I'll definitly look into it to see if they have it around here. I've always said I'm not sure if the bulldog one is for AB's too but since it just says bulldog and I haven't heard any different I figured it would be okay. But boxers are more athletic like AB's then EB's

Thanx Red :D

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Sorry to hear about Kate having more problems. She's just been having a hard time lately! My brother feeds his boxer the boxer formula (imaginr that!) and he has had great results on it. I've heard good things about that brand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts