Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

aggression towards another pet

7K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Luvabull 
#1 ·
my 4yr old pitbull attacked my 3yr old american bulldog tonight,they have been raised together since we got the am bulldog,they alway play with one another but never fight,tonight it took all i had to pull the pitbull off the bulldog,i hate to put the pitbull down :( .will this aggression be an ongoing problem now??

Discussion starter · #5 ·
why would this happen just now?like i said before they have lived together for years and never had a problem. we took both dogs to the vet late last night and the wounds on the am bulldog were all superficial,we decided to leave the pitbull there overnight to calm down all morning the am bulldog just laid around the house,as soon as the pitbull came in the door the bulldogs tail started wagging,they sniffed each other both dogs started wagging their tails,licked each other on the face a few times and now its like nothing happened.was the fight last night a one time thing? i'm confused on this one like i said before these 2 dogs are always glued together and never even growled at one another before.any help or idesa will be helpful.thanks

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Kate,not that i can recall,i know the bulldog wasn't felling well late afternoon,she had 2 episodes of vomiting,today i've been keeping a close eye on them and they are following one another around if one lays down the other lays down right beside her,they are constnaly licking one another,its almost like they know they did something wrong and are trying to make up to one another.i don't know what to think

Discussion starter · #11 ·
tried cagging them,unfortunatly my wife had the pitbull out of her cage and she was going to pet the am bulldog and the pit got between her and the bulldog,out of control fight neither dog culd be pulled away local police dept had to euthanize in the midde of living room,pit bull almost killed bulldog before pd got there :cry: i can't believe this happened to my babies,this is like a bad dream to me but thank you to everyone who posted an idea for me to try :cry: :(

Discussion starter · #16 ·
thanks,i just can't believe this,my house is destroyed and the dogs are gone,they lived together for 3 years and never a problem,hell they slept with each other,the bulldog usually with her head on the pitbull

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Jackie,we did research when we got the dogs,maybe not enough,my wife 5'4 130lbs came home one dog was caged like suggested i do,the pitbull"reggie" was not,my wife opened the cage to pet"sparky" the am bulldog,reggie pushed my wife out of the way drug sparkie out of the cage,my wife attempted to break up by pulling the tails,i was at work hearing this on the other end of the phone and felt soo helpless,i called my neighbor to see if he could assist,in the meantime my wife called 911,my neigbor tried to separate by pulling tails,trying to break apart with a stick,at this point in time he noticed sparky was missing an eye and part of her face :cry: the pd arrived on scence and sparky was almost dead and it was determined that reggie needed to be put down also,these dogs were covered in blood from the fight,all my carpeting and furnitue is a total loss due to the fact i believe reggie hit an artery on sparky,i still cannot believe this and if i didn't see 1st habd i would be like you also,reggie was my "baby" she was a 70lb pit that sat on my lap everydayi could put a doggie treat in my mouth and she would take it out i never even had to worry about this,she slept with sparky ususally with sparks head laying on her side,these dogs were beyond my wildest dreams how good they were together,my neighborhood is in total shock,reggie and sparky knew everyone on the street and the people never gave a second glance cause one was a pit,they went everwhere with us,they were never hit or beat,they played in the yard together everyday,i still can't believe this happened and i wish i knew why 2 dogs that were raised together for the amount of time they had here and never ever had a problem with one even showing aggression towards the other would do this,all i know is it really sucks coming home and not having my babies running down the yard to great me.the house is empty without them :cry: :( :cry:

Discussion starter · #28 ·
yeah,whatever you say,hindsight is 20/20 coulda shoulda wouda,it happened you all say it could have been avoided,grab a leash,tie to a tree,all things that were not in arms reach,keep apart,sorry but you people are making worse by making me feel like i'm the guilty one,i seen the damage..don't take this the wrong way some of tried to help and i thank you other are critizing me for the actions taken and you can go to hell :x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.