Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is some sort of aggression towards the other dogs normal right now??

Tonite, Dix ran to the dor barking at someone walking their dog. Hot Rod ran up to the window as well, after Dix and started barking too. Rod has always been Alpha per say and everyone, including the kids bow down to him! As soon as he barked, she nailed him, and he wnt off on her, she cowerd and crawled off to her cage w/ her tail between her legs, knowing she over reacted Im sure. She stayed there for an hour pouting on her own. I didnt say anything.

Jst now feeding time, all the dogs get fed seperatly. Dix in her cage, Rod by the sink, Gary by the garbage and sass by the fron tdoor. This way they all focus on their own bowls of food. Dix will always share the other dogs leftovers, she is a bottomless pit. After she is done, if the others dont eat it all, she acts like a vulture and paces until they leave and eats the rest. Rod has a problem, if he doesnt eat it, no one will, and guards it. Until I put it up. he will go days not eating, just to guard it.(Testosterone thing-and he is fixed!!!) Anyway, never has he entered her cage before feeding time. When I am preparing their food, they all sit at my fet. This time, Rod went into her cage, she charged in their and nailed him again. This time he was really fighting back, and she had lifted her foot up, and was snarling, and taking the bites. I turned and she cowered down again and refused to look at me.

Is this due to her preg? She knew better, clearly, then to actually hurt him bad, it was more like a MAJOR warning.She also clearly felt bad instantly after doing t. She could have seriously hurt him or killed him, but didnt.

I know now to keep a better eye on her throughout the rest of this ordeal.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
All I can say is get used to it. Once it starts, it rarely stops. I feed my three separately, so they CAN NOT get to each other's food, to prevent that type of thing before it ever happens. I always treat Mosley as the Alpha, no matter what and treat each accordingly. Luckily, this has prevented fights successfully so far. They've "started" over a treat or toy, but as soon as I shout a stern "NO!!!" they stop instantly and I take whatever it was they were starting over. Like I said, I've been pretty lucky so far, but there's always that chance something will get them going and hating each other that I won't be able to stop or reverse. You just have to practice the Alpha thing very strictly and see if that helps. I feed them in the same order every time, same with treats, going outside, getting attention, etc...

~S

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
like Amocat00 said once it starts it will continue. I do think alot of it is because she is pregnant and grumoy. Please be careful when the pups come because she will be VERY protective towards them and anyone who gets near them will pay. Good Luck.

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
DIX ,ROD.GAR,SASS! are they all APBT?

Aand you joking on this one rite!

(( Rod has always been Alpha per say and everyone, including the kids bow down to him!))) [-(

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, Rod and Gar are pekengnese(SP?) And yes, its true, Rod is the most bad a$$ meanest most tempermental peke ever. He thinks he is 200lbs of pure meanness. I am the ONLY one in the family who he does not act out towards, I guess thats because hes always been extra babied by me!

I do feed them apart and always have just in case, and just the night before, Gar and Dix were sharing a bone.

Oh well, she lost her mucus plug, so I guess as soon as her temp drops, here we go.....

·
Registered
295 Posts
My sister's shit zu just had puppies and she was very protective of her cage. When the pups came she would not let the other dog near her cage or her pups. She had never been aggressive before. The pups are gone now and she is back to her normal self ,thank goodness!

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
angela doran said:
My sister's ** I almost cursed ** zu just had puppies and she was very protective of her cage. When the pups came she would not let the other dog near her cage or her pups. She had never been aggressive before. The pups are gone now and she is back to her normal self ,thank goodness!
LOL. Since when it Shih Tsu a curse word? That's pretty funny. :lol: Seriously though, a "female" can turn mean and aggressive when she has pups to protect. Totally normal.

~S

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Temp is 98.6, still holding, and we have discharge! She has gone through the house and collected every doggy toy she could find and brought it in her cage. Looks like she has had enough and is packing!!!

I think this may very well be it guys. Ill let ya know. And thanks for all the help.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
sajoseph said:
Temp is 98.6, still holding, and we have discharge! She has gone through the house and collected every doggy toy she could find and brought it in her cage. Looks like she has had enough and is packing!!!

I think this may very well be it guys. Ill let ya know. And thanks for all the help.
If all that's happening and she's gathering all her toys and putting them in one place, she's definitely getting close. Good luck!
I just delivered my sister's Shih Tsu's pups a few weeks ago....talk about stressful, they're so small. You're won't be that bad.

~S

1 - 13 of 13 Posts