Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new to the community and was hoping to get some insight from other dog owners.

I have a 3 y/o French English Bulldog male (I've have him since he was 4 months). He has always been a sweetheart, never showing any aggression what so ever. Loves to play and just loves attention from people.

Within the last 2-3 months he will randomly get aggressive if i go near his front paws. I'm talking full on trying to bite me, teeth out and everything. He will go after me and try to jump on me. He doesn't give a warning growl or anything just full snapping mode (it can be a litter scary). It isn't all the time though. I can bathe him and play with him just fine. Sometimes I can touch his paws and sometimes I can't. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had an issue like this and what may be causing it. I've tried to look at his paws to see if they are injured in anyway from being outside or anything, but when he does let me near them I don't see anything wrong.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
First of all, please be very careful. I would make a vet appointment to have your dogs physical condition evaluated. If there are no physical problems then it is time to seek professional training assistance. Please be careful.

·
Super Moderator
16,010 Posts
Oznog is right. You need to take your dog to the vet and have him checked out.
He could be in pain and so is protecting himself for you touching him and causing more pain.

At 3 years of age he should be finished with testing you, so if there is not anything
wrong with him physically, than he needs to be evaluated for aggression.

Please let us know what the vet says. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts