Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abby and I did some practice agility sequences in the yard today. Here's some pictures, (hope this makes up for the ones at the dog show :wink: )

Look at her go!

·
Registered
94 Posts
what awesome pictures!! we are enrolling Alexis in an agility class...her first one!! I think she is going to LOVE it. She already can go on a teter toter all the way with no problem...she has no fear!! lol

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alexisisourbaby said:
what awesome pictures!! we are enrolling Alexis in an agility class...her first one!! I think she is going to LOVE it. She already can go on a teter toter all the way with no problem...she has no fear!! lol
That's so awesome! Psst, i'll tell you a secret....american bulldog are fearless lol, that's why there so great in agility! Just make sure your with a trainer with the teter and other things that could cause fears, because training a dog to not be afraid of an obstacle is a lot harder then training a dog the slow way and working your way up to the big things like the teter at full height.

You'll have to post pics from her agility class! How old is Alexis? She looks like a puppy in your banner, the younger you start the easier it is for them to learn. Feel free to PM me with any questions or info about agility :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
thanks!! I will let you know when they start...I'm hoping they will start in March....it depends on interest.
She just turned 6 months old. It was a small teter toter and there was a trainer there with us that gave her treats....she did great....just went on it like "what is the big deal?!". She is very energetic. She climbs steep stone stairs with me too....well, when we went up this castle like bridge deal that was made like 70 years ago or something like that. We believe she is a dalmatian/APBT mix. If she really likes it and gets the hang of it, we want to keep going in it...maybe even to agility competitions!!

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She's a cutey! Perfect build for agility too. A lot of people start agility end up competing, if you and Alexis end up liking agility a lot and both of you are good at it then with no doubt you'll go on to competing. You could enter shows with the USDAA (United States Dog Agility Assosciation) and NADAC (North American Dog Agility Assosciation), both of which except purebred and mixed breed dogs. AKC doesnt except mixes or even purbred American Bulldogs at there shows.

Keep us updated with pics and whatnot. It's great to hear another bully is taking up agility :D !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts