Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Agility Video Clip!

757 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  ambulldogpup 
#1 ·

Click to watch it!

See less See more
#3 ·
I got it working :D Definetly try out agility after you finish obedience, it's great fun!

Abby was a little slow in that sequence because I exercised her a whole lot before and threw some sticks to her. So that movie doesn't do justice for how fast she can really run. Believe me, when she's not tuckered out, she's just a blur on the course.

#7 ·
elke said:
It looks like so much fun! Did you start at home or in a class (sorry, I know you've posted about this before). Any reading/video suggestions on where to start?
It truly is! I started taking beginner classes at an dog "academy" and worked my way up. But when we were doing puppy kindergarten, I would run her throught the equipment they had set up, so she has been exposed to agility equipment since she was 3 months! But you can start any age really, with the puppies though, you have to be careful how high you jump them.

Anyways, a great source to start agility classes would be http://www.cleanrun.com You can search for a list of schools/clubs in your area to start. Best of luck! :D

#8 ·
[/quote]with the puppies though, you have to be careful how high you jump them. [/quote]

No worries there, he's over a year and has no problem jumping 6 feet straight up in the air!
Thanks for the info Kim, hopefully the OB training will go better with this new trainer and we can start soon.

#10 ·
#11 ·
You are doing such a great job with Abby! It is so awesome you are dedicating the time to do something positive with her!

I had a problem viewing the videos you just poted though. Could only get the original one to work for some reason.

#12 ·
Very cute Kim!! I watched the AKC Agility competition last night, and was amazed at how fast those pups are. And I was really impressed with the 2 year old that won.

#13 ·
HausMommy said:
Very cute Kim!! I watched the AKC Agility competition last night, and was amazed at how fast those pups are. And I was really impressed with the 2 year old that won.
I know really! I was impressed by the 17 yr old that won, that's youngest age of an winning competitor in AKC history! I didn't see my instructor though, although no doubt she was probably a semi-finalist. One year she did win the AKC agility championships with her sheltie Jagger.

Lisa - Thank you, Abby's harder to work with then your average border collie but she's got a ton of heart and not to mention, DRIVE! As for the other 2 videos, I don't know why the other two didn't work for you. If you have Windows Media Player, then it should work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.