Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have got this dog into basketball, or at the very least frisbee when she was younger before she beat her joints to hell. She used to get so focused on a ball i would put it on top of the fridge and she would stand there and jump over and over.....and over...... and over.. high enough to see it on top of the fridge, I had to stop putting it there and hide it without her seeing where i hid it. To this day she will catch anything thrown at her if there is one iota of a chance she can get her mouth on it. she can still leap taller than I stand(i'm 6 foot) at 8 almost 9 years old. This is a dog with true ball drive, or kong drive in this scenario. I wish i was half the athlete she is.

this is my favorite, wish i got her face in it

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Very athletic!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, i just feel so bad for her now. She used to be able go and go all day, now I have to limit the amount of exercise she gets because she pushed herself so hard playing when she was young that her body can't handle it anymore. I can only take her to the field for may be 10 minutes now and throw the ball with her, and even then she'll get home take a nap and will limp for the rest of the day and most of the next day. She just doesn't want to slow down, so she still goes 100mph hour out there. She feels no pain while she is playing, but is in a world of pain when she is done. Thats why we try to do little things like this in the house with her, where she doesn't have room to get up to speed and hurt herself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.