Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 year old pit-lab cross just started to make a dreadful noise. It sounds he's trying to vomit but it sounds like he's snorting at the same time, and he has a runny nose. He seems fine when laying down but starts up if he moves around. He's laying on the bed with me and is burrowed in for the night. I'll keep a close eye on him and if he get's worse he goes to the vet tonight and he's going in tomorrow regardless.
Anyways the question I have is could this be allergies? I mowed the lawn and wacked down a bunch of weeds in the yard and he seemed to develop the symptoms shortly after.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Doubtful that an allergy would attack that quickly, but it's possible. I would say it's more likely your dog inhaled a peice of plant/stick/foxtail, etc. and it's stuck. I had a dog inhale a foxtail and he was miserable...sneezing,choking,etc. He had to be put under to have it removed. Take your boy in and let them take a look..keep us posted on the diagnosis. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Sounds like what happens to Kate all the time. She will be walking or even just hanging out and start to snort sort of .... like shes trying to breathe in through her nose real hard.

Our trainer said that she does that when she gets something stuck in her nose like dust or something. She was doing it real bad on walks this spring but I figured it was just because of all the allergens and stuff in the air.

Now she hasn't done it for a while. Hope your vet says the same thing because it's cheap, no money :) just happens when something gets in their nose like does with humans

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick update. I phoned the vet and he said to keep an eye on him and bring him in in the morning if he didn't get better. So I stayed up all night and Ruffy improved and by morning he was back to his overly energetic self. I was almost as worried about him as I would have been if it was one of my children. It's amazing how much he's become a member of the family. Thanks for the replies.
Kelsey

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
My peke has these attacks, we call them asthma attacks, but we dont know what they are. he does it all the time, and have come to the conclusion that he must have a deviated septum(?) or something with the structure up somewhere inside his nasal passages or sinus or something.

Sounds like what you are describing, not sure what it is, but he will never do it for the vet!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts