Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so what does everyone else use for their dogs to sleep on in their crate? We just put a clean towel in there for mason (EVEN THOUGH he just pushes it aside anyways) but he still gets little hives on the insides of his leg nothing massive but they tend to make him itch from time to time... Im assuming its the laundry detergent.. of course it may not even be the towel just my guess..

Any ideason what I can switch to?

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Is he on a plastic tray? I know dogs can have sensitivities to plastic food bowls, so maybe the plastic tray (if he's on one) is irritating his skin.

I use fleece blankets (queen bed size ones - $17 at Wal-Mart) in my dogs' bed. They're big enough to provide cushioning, but they're small enough to throw in the washing machine.

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya the bottom of his crate is plastic material.. Ill try to get one of those fleece blankets :p

Thanks for the idea!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,960 Posts
Anything I put in there, Clara will chew up - so I gave up using anything.
But what I like best was a rubber bottomed door or bath mat with a soft textured top.
Fits just right and does not silp around. I still keep one for when we travel to
use in the crate for her to sleep on. This way she does not go sliding back and forth
on the plastic floor of the crate.
:wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts