Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rex barks everytime he has to go out to use he bathroom! I figured out the reason he was going in his crate was because Im gone at work too long and he cant hold it. Soo what is the age where they can hold for more than 6 hours? Dh will not walk him for me at all. He says I wanted the dog so I take care of him. Grrrr Im like it takes 5 minutes to let him out and back in.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
boy do I feel your pain............ MY DH is the same way. I was constantly walking the dog or cleaning up the poo outta the floor. Sorry that I dont have an answer to your question tho....

·
Banned
39 Posts
i dont know, im just comparing it to my marriage. WHenever im at work and my wife is home she'll walk the dog no problem. We look at it as teamwork but thats us. Its my dog too she didnt want it at first.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well u cannot compare marriage from one stupid statement. My dh work from 9pm - 7am and then watches all 3 of my kids all day until I get home at 6pm m-f. He does PLENTY and plus more. He pays ALL the bills and gets us EVERYthing we need and want. Him not walking a damn dog says NOTHING about his love for us. Like I said for him to get something for me that he was so against is showing plenty of LOVE

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Isn't the general rule something like: their age in months plus one hour. So the average puppy should be about five months for them to hold it for six hours, but of course it varies a great deal from puppy to puppy.

By the way, your son is very handsome!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Do you put water in the crate? I know people do but when I was crating (and had AC) I didn't put water in the crate because I felt that was just setting them up. If you need water maybe do what show folks do and put in ice (a frozen bowl)?

Paula

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
PaulaEdwina said:
Do you put water in the crate? I know people do but when I was crating (and had AC) I didn't put water in the crate because I felt that was just setting them up. If you need water maybe do what show folks do and put in ice (a frozen bowl)?

Paula
do what show folks do and put in ice (a frozen bowl)?
This is a really cool idea! I bought Harley a giant water bottle, like for a hamster, but bigger. She seems to not even know it's there. I think I'll try this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts