Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were told that our bully has alopecia (hope that's spelled right) two years ago, ironically right after I came home with our son from the hospital. He went through episodes all that spring and again last spring, however the hair has always come back. This year it's falling out in clumps and almost half of the hair on his back is gone and now it is spreading slowly to his neck and head and also his legs. We will still love him bald but what I'm concerned with is the skin underneath is scaly and almost clumpy. The vet told us two years ago that he could give us medication for him but that it would probably not stop the hair loss. We are going to be taking him back to the vet soon, but I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of this. I feel so bad for him because his hair is falling out in huge clumps and it seems to bother him if we pet or brush him. Thanks for any help you can give!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
This is VERY common in Boxers. Tanners mommy has it now. If you go to Boxerworld.com or Boxerdog.com and do a search on that, you will find ALOT of information on this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts