Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's not compleatly over his fears.. I don't know that he ever will be.. but he is doing MUCH better.

My hub had a friend over tonight (male) Buddy was barking and doing a pig snort thing at him (yes he snorts like a pig when he's upset. LOL) But his friend sat on Buddy's level and Buddy sniffed and backed up.. then his friend reached out and was able to pet Buddy. :) Which is not usual for Buddy he will back up and go lay down. By the end of the evening, Buddy was laying at his feet and he even rolled over for Belly rubs. That is HUGE for Buddy.

He's not so afraid of us holding objects now... except for the vaccume. LOL I had a folded up box today shaking it and knocking on the floor with it.. right infront of Buddy and he didn't even flinch. That's a huge deal too, as before if we had a piece of paper he'd run.

He has come a very long way and I'm proud of him. He will follow commands without treats, but he does expect a good pet for it. (my fault I pet him when he listens & tell him good boy. But that's ok.) The only time he won't come when I call him is when he's going to sleep. But he does give a huge tail wag saying I hear you but i'm sleeping.. LOL My daughter has him doing this cute hop thing on his hind legs. They just started that. I am working on staying in a lay until I let him up. He will lay but not stay there. Stay has always been a trouble sopt with him because he's at my feet almost 24/7. I have to be careful I don't fall over him. Everything else he's picked up right away.

My hub and I were very ill New years Eve. We got some bad egg drop soup. Add that to a few drinks... and you have 2 very ill people. UGH It was NOT fun. Buddy was sooo very good while i was sick. It took me almost a week to feel better. He was layzy all week and only asked to go out when he had to go potty. He didn't ask for anything else. I did play a little bit with him-as I could-, but he was super good. New years day he climbed in bed with us... we don't allow him in the bed-- but hubby said it's ok this time... GRRR But i was so deep sleeping I didn't know he got up there. LOL He hasn't tried to get in the bed since then. So, I'd say he's very intune to how we are feeling. GO BUDDY! LOL

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He does have a good coat. Now. He didn't when he came home with us. Lots of brushing and regular baths. He's very soft and cudly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.