Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog got a hysterectomy bout a year ago and she has started to bleed and is swollen and dogs hangin about outside.. Anyone got any idea what this could be she is booked into the vets on wednesday...has this happened to anyones dog before???

cheers

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well she could be going thru a false heat. My neighbors dog does this every six month as if she was really in heat. The vet told her that apparently when he spayed her there must have been a little piece of tissue left inside and now her body thinks she needs to go into heat. She swells and the dogs (male of course) come around and go nuts. There is nothing to do except go in and try to find it and remove it. Good luck. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
debs said:
Well she could be going thru a false heat. My neighbors dog does this every six month as if she was really in heat. The vet told her that apparently when he spayed her there must have been a little piece of tissue left inside and now her body thinks she needs to go into heat. She swells and the dogs (male of course) come around and go nuts. There is nothing to do except go in and try to find it and remove it. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Sounds logical to me!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
took her to the vets she has cystitus (however u spell it lol ) there is somethin in it that attracts the male dogs was £17 just to see the vet and £5 for a injection and £25 for 10 synulox palatable tablets so hopefully that will cure the problem

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
If ANY piece of ovarian tissue is left inside of the bitch, she can still experience/exhibit symptoms like she is in heat.

However, bringing her into the vet's is the best bet to rule out any other kind of disorder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts