Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello we are from Aces Wild American Bulldogs we are a breeder in Southwest Michigan right on a the border of Indiania. We live on a 25 acre farm we have goats and cows and just love our Bulldogs. We have found that American Bulldogs are some of the best dogs for our family they are great watch dogs and are great with kids. We are going to have at least 3 litters this year most are do in the end of summer. Check out our website to see some of the pictures of our four legged family members.

<url removed>

Does anyone have any good stories about the funny things your bulldogs do?

Edited by Roxy: You may wish to visit the main website, they have a breeders directory, at which u can placed ur kennels. try this link.... http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/dog/servlet/com.bulldogbreeds.SignupController?action=intro

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
3 Litters a year huh.....................huuuuuuuum :roll:
What titles do your dogs have ? accomplishments? x rays? why are these dog WORTHY of breeding? especially 3 times a year

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Tia said:
3 Litters a year huh.....................huuuuuuuum :roll:
What titles do your dogs have ? accomplishments? x rays? why are these dog WORTHY of breeding? especially 3 times a year
3 in a year isn't that outrageous when you have 3+ females. And, if you check their website, they have all the pedigrees and titles/accomplishments listed. We need to NOT be so quick to jump down everyone's throat that comes on here discussing breeding. So, you disagree with it, that's normal for a forum. There are obviously going to be opposing views. But, there's a time and a place for it and it doesn't have to be on EVERY post about breeding. If you don't agree with it, don't read it/reply to it, boycot it instead. Just my 2 cents...

~S

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Thanks Roxy, I was just getting ready to read this and do the same thing! :)

And I agree with Shawn, we all know the view this board has about breedings, there is no reason to jump down every single person's throat.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I wish their website loaded faster. Would like to check out their dogs and what they are doing with them but the pages were so slow to load. I did see they have at least one Joshua dog and they are doing some ID stuff but beyond that I don't know because I got too impatient. :) Always interested in knowing about working AB's that are close to my area.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Lisa said:
I wish their website loaded faster. Would like to check out their dogs and what they are doing with them but the pages were so slow to load. I did see they have at least one Joshua dog and they are doing some ID stuff but beyond that I don't know because I got too impatient. :) Always interested in knowing about working AB's that are close to my area.
It loaded fine for me. I'll try to get some of that info. for you.

Zena

Ace's Wild Shady Lady aka "Zena" is a daughter of NAT'L CH. JOSHUA'S OL' SOUTHERN WHITE

Taking deposits for Summer/Fall Puppies out of

Sire-Richard's Kingman de Gun OFA Good, GDT, IDT5, Best in Show/Best in Breed

at 2002 K9 Workforce Show and 2003 ABNA Nationals in Butler, IL and Zena.

Zena is a sporty and agile female with a high drive and sound temperament.

Most likely these puppies will have the drive and stamina it takes for Schutzund and the French Ringsport.

Sheba

Money Maker aka "Sheba" is a daughter of NAT'L CH. JOSHUA'S OL' SOUTHERN WHITE OFA Excellent, UCD III, SCH H BH

These puppies will go fast, only a deposit will guarantee a chance at a puppy

Taking deposits for summer/fall 2006 puppies

out of Sire-Richard's Kingman de Gun OFA Good, GDT, IDT5, Best in Show/Best in Breed

at 2002 K9 Workforce Show and 2003 ABNA Nationals in Butler, IL and Dame- Ace's Wild Money Maker

Summer of 2005 UKC Conformations Show she won 3-First place, 2-Best Female,

and took Best of Breed/ Best in Show. Sheba has a sound temperament and

has proven with her show record that she what it takes to compete with some of the top american bulldogs.

Kahlua

Kahlua is a daughter of NAT'L CH. JOSHUA'S OL' SOUTHERN WHITE OFA EXCELLENT, UCDIII, SCH H BH

Kahlua has a large bone structure making her a very stout and stocky female.

She is sometimes mistaken as a male. Kahlua has a very sound and even temperament.

Summer/Fall 2006 Puppies out of Sire-Scavetta & Materos " The Rock " OFA P Excellent and Dame-Ace's Wild Kahlua

Now Taking deposits. These puppies will be large, very muscular and possibly full of color.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are your dogs worthy, I believe

Thank you Lisa for the problem with the loading speed I will lower the quality of the pictures so they load faster. We just got a new camera and the size was to large. Any helpful ideas on how to improve our website will be appreciated

Thank you for affending my 3 litters of very worthy american bulldogs for 2006.

I breed to better these dogs, not everyone does. I attempt to find the best males to breed to my females. My bloodlines are out of Joshua Kennels in Florida, which is a very reputable breeder and has been around long enough to write a book about American Bulldogs. I travel long distances and work long hours to better this breed. I never breed any dogs that haven't been OFA certified and temperament tested. If you don't agree that is your OPINION and nothing else. My dogs are family pets, not kennel dogs.
Have a nice day to all, and I wish everyone good luck with thier bulldoggin
Mandy Hoff
Ace's Wild American Bulldogs :roll:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tia
I would like to know how many years experience you have with Schutzund and what club you train with, What experience do you have with K9 Nutrition?????
What bloodlines do your dogs come from. Have you taken a dog from a puppy to a titled working dog or do you purchase them already trained. Why are you so fast to jump to negativity. We have over 75 years training experience in Schutzund, Agility, and Drug-Bomb search. On a positive note there are a lot of good reputable breeders doing good for bulldogs. Yes, there are bad breeders everywhere you go and that is too bad. Instead of questioning breeder perhaps you could educate the public on what they should look for in a reputable breeder.

DBA
Ace's Wild American Bulldogs

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Aces Wild
I have two Dogs From Joshua Line as well. My boy BOris mother is From JOshuas Sheba( josh x sheba combo) and boris grandfather is High Jumpin Mikie sch 3. My other boy is from Ida (joshua Bathsheba x sarg boyd) and Atze (souzas ozzy sch 2 x Joshua Sheba) so Believe me i know that Lem is a very repuable breeder and knows his bulldogs! I bought my dogs from Angelika (white bandits). I feed my dogs prevention a supplemt from Lem at Joshua Kennels. Why you ask me what experience i have with dog nuturtion i dont know but i will answer you. I have had dogs for 5 years now and have never gone to the vet for skin problems,etc. Have always done well with the raw diet.Never came on this post pretending to be a Nutritionist.I have been training in schutzund for 3 years now. Trained with clubs as SWDA and Fundy Regional Schutzhund Club. Both in NB canada.Have always worked my dogs from puppyhood to form better bond and start fresh no bad habits.Also trained in drug work with Bill Grimmer.He was my husbands boss for K9 Security work and drug,explosive work. Have you heard of him? Hes one of the best. I only asked a question i came on here asking 3 litters...why? didnt say anything bad just asked some questions and wanted to know. People who come on boards to advertise litters etc.. 99% of time arent so reputable. Glad to see one is. I personally feel that if the litter is going to be good doesnt require advertising. If you bought dogs from Lem they must be nice.Congrats. Some people are not so lucky in their findings.
75 Years training in schutzhund.WOW its alot of work.Hats off to you. How many of your dogs are titled? What level? What are your goals? These are just questions please dont read into these as attacks please.

·
Registered
790 Posts
What made you......

go from German Shepards to American bulldogs? I always ask this to the bulldog schutzhund guys. Work twice as long and get half the results. :lol:

75 years of schutzhund experience? You must have been shepard guys. How many guys/gals represent your kennel?

In your breedings, why did you not select a dog like Bronco, Coal, or even Matias? Or even Oden FRIII? This confuses me.

It would seem this would be the natural choice.

Just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
switching

German Shepards are still a major part of my life. My mother imported from germany, turkey, and the czech republic. Schutzund was a hobbie and with 3 young children never really got into it too heavily. My mother in law also trained with my mom and they have always loved the breed and the sport. I began working with shepards when I was very young. Nothing better to do when you get dragged to trials. My mother in law has been on the world team several times. Although I have been raised with shepards, the american bulldog is my true passion. I remember going to our friends home in florida where the men hunted wild boar with american bulldogs. This was the first time I have ever seen a dog like this. American Bulldogs are still considered a rare breed. I think people make the switch to american bulldogs because not everyone is doing it. Going to a trial with Malinois and Shepards is a place you can stand out, be different. There was an article explaining how down south they are starting to replace shepards and malinois with ab because they are more intimidating to criminals. American bulldogs hit harder and faster.

ACE

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
aceswildab1 said:
Tia
I would like to know how many years experience you have with Schutzund and what club you train with, What experience do you have with K9 Nutrition?????
What bloodlines do your dogs come from. Have you taken a dog from a puppy to a titled working dog or do you purchase them already trained. Why are you so fast to jump to negativity. We have over 75 years training experience in Schutzund, Agility, and Drug-Bomb search. On a positive note there are a lot of good reputable breeders doing good for bulldogs. Yes, there are bad breeders everywhere you go and that is too bad. Instead of questioning breeder perhaps you could educate the public on what they should look for in a reputable breeder.

DBA
That is our goal here, to educate the public about reputable breeders. Alot of us on here are quick to judge when it comes to breeders posting about littres coming up. THey are usually BYB's that come on here and cause a big rukus then leave.

I haven't had a chance to check out your site, but will do it for sure. Welcome, this forum is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
790 Posts
ACE

I don't know which part of the CZEC republic your mother in law imported the shepards from but your statement
"American bulldogs hit harder and faster. " than ABs.

I would have to disagree with you. The most butal bites I have taken on a suit or a sleeve have been a dutch shepard (diablo) and a shepard named Farrow.

Faster.......how can they be faster than a dutchie or a belgian bred malinois? In EVERY hardest hitting contest, a mal or a dutchie will win. Some abs are high in fight and are very tenacious, but rarely flashy. Intimidation factor high. Power is good, but these are very rare.

I train with all four breeds. As a general statement, I would say the ABs are far below average.

Now, you get ABs bred for manwork for 3-4 generations, then you have something. However, I know of maybe 3 -4 breeders IN THE WORLD of ABs that are doing this. Even then, there is HEAVY culling. Very heavy.

Is your kennel goal to produce the ultimate catchdogs or protection oriented dogs?

sorry for all the questions. I always ask all breeders. I want to know their program goals. Obviously, I like studying bloodlines and how it was produced.

Thanks.

·
Registered
790 Posts
no doubt

these are excellent bulldogs. Nothing outstanding in terms of hard hitting. Nice catch. Nice decoy work. The way it is supposed to be done.
I was supposed to be at that show in Vegas. LOL. That is one great show!

I think hardest hitting is more meaningful on a suit. PSA or KNPV style.

Asian, I think you will really enjoy a psa tourney. It blew me away when I saw it.

www.psak9.org

check it out.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
aceswildab1 said:
We have over 75 years training experience in Schutzund, Agility, and Drug-Bomb search.
DBA
Agility, that's so awesome. Not many ABs I know that are in the agility ring. I do agility with my female AB. I would LOVE to see pictures of your ABs doing agility!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts