Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Do you believe that a friendly person with a treat and a leash could walk off with your dog if you w

• Probably!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe!

• No Way!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search for any stories about American Bulldogs and found two disturbing articles at the top of the list: American Bulldogs being stolen.

"A two year old American Bulldog worth $1,500 was stolen from the enclosed backyard of a business in the 200 block of Southeast Second Avenue." --- FLORIDA

"A 100-pound American bulldog is safely back in the hands of its owner after police cracked a case of dog-napping Wednesday.

The dog's owner, Brady Gillihan, 31, called police Wednesday morning and said he was inside the Pizza Hut at 110 E. Winslow Rd. on Tuesday night picking up a carry-out order. When he returned to his car, Gillihan found that his dog, which he had left in the car for a few minutes, was missing, said Bloomington Police Department Detective Sgt. David Drake, reading from a police report."
--- INDIANA

Kind of a scary to think someone could just walk off with your dog. Is the growing popularity of AB's making them more and more a target of crooks?

-- mr c

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I'm not sure on this one.... If Kate was outside and they came up to her being very very friendly and lovey to her... I think yes.

To come into my house though, I am not sure at all... she seems to be more "protective" inside the house ... ie is very up front with new people that come in until she sees that I welcome them.

Hope I never have to find out tho thats for sure!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Kate said:
I'm not sure on this one.... If Kate was outside and they came up to her being very very friendly and lovey to her... I think yes.

To come into my house though, I am not sure at all... she seems to be more "protective" inside the house ... ie is very up front with new people that come in until she sees that I welcome them.

Hope I never have to find out tho thats for sure!
Yes, what she said!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Though neither are ABs, both of my dogs would go with someone if they had some good food with them. But boy would those people be regretting it once the food ran out!! Wally whines when I'm not around, and Mike screams. They're overly bonded mama's boys. Plus they're both such a-holes in general I think whoever took them would call me up after a few days begging for me to take them back. LOL!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I said maybe, during the day, probably not after dark, she goes into tuff stuff mode at night. But, if the treat had a "doggie downer" in it, the leash would be more of a dragging tool. She's only 7.5 mo old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.