Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get my new APBT puppy on Monday. I have a 4 month old staffie male called Fido. The APBT (Skylar) is a boy as well. I am a little worried if they start fighting. Are there any steps to prevent them from fighting or will it happen anyway. My next door neighbour has got 2 APBT's. A boy and a bitch. They are brother and sister. The boy (Pablo) is about 1 and his sister (Paris) is 4 months old. They are starting to fight as well. I thought I would ask. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Curious as to why you would get a pup of the same sex when you know the breeds in question are prone to same sex aggression? Could you not get a female puppy instead of a male? Your odds of them getting along would be much greater.

Only advice I can give...NEVER leave them alone unsupervised
NO toys left out when they are both out
Lots and lots of obedience with both
DO NOT feed them together
Crate training is a must!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
My male APBT is fine around other male dogs. You should wear both dogs out first before they meet and let them meet on neutral territory such as a park. Also let Fido eat first, go out first, etc. The minute you see any aggression toward the other correct it ASAP. LET THEM KNOW U WILL NOT TOLERATE IT!!!!!! The minute they play to rough and start to get overly dominant its time for a 10-15 minute seperation and then try it again. Also never leave chews,rawhides,food,or treats out.I have had my male APBT stay w/ my dad's male APBT for 2 weeks no problem at all. Legend was crated when no one could supervise. They both know that you don't have to play with each other but you do have to tolerate each other or else will be sternly corrected and given a time out in a heart beat! Also please invest in a breaking stick. Just in case it is very helpful. I have used it on when a stray dog attacked my neighbors dog and wouldnt let go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carrie said:
Curious as to why you would get a pup of the same sex when you know the breeds in question are prone to same sex aggression?

I wanst aware when I selected the puppy that there would be same sex agression. I have phoned the breeder and asked him if he has a female pup left. But unfortunately they have all been selected by other people. I will be still having the little boy pup (Skylar).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts