Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ana's stomach looked HUGE last night, and it was extremely hard, so we took her over to the after-hours animal clinic. The vet intitially thought it was bloat, which scared the life out of me!! She said we should consider sewing her stomach to her side when she goes in for spaying to prevent the stomach from twisting around.

But then she did some x-rays, and it came back looking like the x-ray of a cartoon character! Her ENTIRE body was absolutely FILLED with her food. You could see each individual kibble, and it seemed like it filled right from her neck to her butt!

We knew she was sneaking food from the bag at home, so we put a chair behind the door, closed the door, and put another chair on outside of the door. The little bugger STILL managed to get past the door and chow down! How she did is beyond me.

SO, a $650 vet bill later, and an overnight stay at the clinic for Ana, she is now healthy once again. (But man, do I feel like I got screwed over--$650 for an x-ray and a needle!)

Time to get some puppy-proof rubbermaids for the food!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,909 Posts
asdf.0 said:
Ana's stomach looked HUGE last night, and it was extremely hard, so we took her over to the after-hours animal clinic. The vet intitially thought it was bloat, which scared the life out of me!! She said we should consider sewing her stomach to her side when she goes in for spaying to prevent the stomach from twisting around.

But then she did some x-rays, and it came back looking like the x-ray of a cartoon character! Her ENTIRE body was absolutely FILLED with her food. You could see each individual kibble, and it seemed like it filled right from her neck to her butt!

We knew she was sneaking food from the bag at home, so we put a chair behind the door, closed the door, and put another chair on outside of the door. The little bugger STILL managed to get past the door and chow down! How she did is beyond me.

SO, a $650 vet bill later, and an overnight stay at the clinic for Ana, she is now healthy once again. (But man, do I feel like I got screwed over--$650 for an x-ray and a needle!)

Time to get some puppy-proof rubbermaids for the food!

OMG I had to laugh...its funny and not funny at the same time...I just pictured your face when you saw the x-ray! Shes a little piggy huh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
Wow!! Glad it wasn't bloat, but man! $650 ?!? That's highway robbery! :shock:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,413 Posts
Aww, i'm sorry to hear about your vet visit. Vet's really throw people for there money though. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,116 Posts
OMG, dogs really do lack the ability to feel FULL, don't they? I can't believe she would eat so much. I'm glad she's okay though. Sorry about the $650. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LuvaBULL said:
OMG, dogs really do lack the ability to feel FULL, don't they?
Crazy, isn't it? And even when she was noticably lethargic from eating too much, she was STILL going after Daisy's food. (Very slowly, though, lol)

I just pictured your face when you saw the x-ray!
I wish I could've seen it too! It was half smiling (because at least it wasn't bloat) and half shocked disbelief! I'm sure this is the first of many times I will have this look because of her, though. :lol:

Thanks for everybody's concern!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
That's crazy! What a little sneak! After the $650 sting wears off, you will have a funny story to tell. What did they do to help her?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
I'm sorry but I have to say you must be lying that sweet, cute, innocent little puppy could never do such a thing. After all it would ruin her girly figure! I have to say I love her innocent little face soo sweet! She would be able to sucker me out of anything she wanted!

If that was me I would have to ask for a copy of the xray. So I guess her new name is Miss Piggy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Josie's Proud Mom said:
I'm sorry but I have to say you must be lying that sweet, cute, innocent little puppy could never do such a thing. After all it would ruin her girly figure! I have to say I love her innocent little face soo sweet! She would be able to sucker me out of anything she wanted!

If that was me I would have to ask for a copy of the xray. So I guess her new name is Miss Piggy.
LOL, I wish I was lying! She definately has the face of an angel, but she's a little devil inside :lol: . Miss Piggy is VERY fitting! Seems like the first word she knew was 'cookie'.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,365 Posts
$650 :shock: ...it doesnt cost that much when the vet comes to my house for the horses when they get bloated WOW :shock: small aninmal vets..they are just about as bad as lawyers and funeral parlors...they seem to really get U in the worst moments..

Glad to here she is all better...

e
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,279 Posts
My god, That is a lot of money.I have never spent that much at the vets even during emergency hours.
Pricey good god
Glad she is alright though.Bloat is a scary thing.I use to see bloats come in all the time when I worked at the vets .
I cant believe she ate that much.You would think she would of thrown it up.......lol
Yea, I would invest in a dog food container :lol: :lol:
BTW, she is adorable.I just love her look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,413 Posts
That's an emergency vet for you! It's about $200 just to walk in the door. Dino's stitches cost me $420.

I'm glad she's okay. Silly girl!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
so glad she is ok! we had to take Otto to the 24 hour vet for a similar reason but he just burped real loud and it was only a little gas build up. bloat is one of my biggest fears!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top