Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
root said:
xxmindOvermatter has been banned from this forum for cursing, name calling, and my favorite -- claiming to be Jesus Christ.
Thats not right, the man was speaking his mind and he was getting called names as well, he did not directly curse, all his words was edited and anyone can call them selves jesus christ, last I checked it was not against forum rules.

You gonna ban me now for speaking my mind? This is just another internet forum and I personaly dont give a $hit about post count, I will sign right back up! You can ban my ip range, email, what ever, it wont work!

I run another forum and I am a mod on three others, being a mod or admin you have to remain nonbias in all situations, I do feel he was trolling for reactions but he might have been serious in which case it is not a mods or admins job to decide to ban him because of the post that did not break forum rules...he could have been looking for a reason to actually not go through with the breeding that he posted about.

If you are gonna ban him because of name calling then it is only fair that you reread every responce in that thread and ban everyone that called him stupid ect ect.

I have been following the bans on this forum and if you are not in the mod click or some mods dont like you ect ect you have a short future on this board and as I stated a mod must remain nonbias and not jump the gun, sometimes a thread will just die out or work it's self out. I myself and other members feel the mods on here are to ban happy and in the end that will ruin the reputation of a forum real fast!

Enough said!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
I sort of don't agree with the ban because I think we could have gotten through to him about how much it does cost so he wont make any money (if he was being real)

but I don't agree with this:

all i gotta say to you is f-ck you homie,f-ck you.
xxmind0vermatter said:
you stupid fucking tree huggers are all trying to save dogs when there are HUMANS starving and nobody is there to help them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,909 Posts
This is lame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont aggree either...go back and read...who through names out first...not the banned... but hes new so whatever i guess its ok. oh...and I guess we cant use the lords name in vain either...because we are all in catholic school...come on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
And those quotes WILL get you banned!

I seem to have seen the f word quite a bit in those replys.

Maybe he got to read my post before he was banned, explaining the $$$$ it costs.

Either way, he shouldn't have talked like that. AND Root seems to have everything under control, matching members replys/posts to the forum rules.............UGH! I'd go crazy!!!LoL!

Hey Root~Seems maybe you should have a new topic added~ The "I disagree/agree with a ban" section!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kate said:
but I don't agree with this:

all i gotta say to you is f-ck you homie,f-ck you.
xxmind0vermatter said:
you stupid fucking tree huggers are all trying to save dogs when there are HUMANS starving and nobody is there to help them.
I dont agree with it either but it should have been delt with a warning and a mod should have edited it. If he contunually made remarks like that after said warning then a ban would be in order!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sajoseph said:
Hey Root~Seems maybe you should have a new topic added~ The "I disagree/agree with a ban" section!
They do, a forum should have a mod section where genral members cannot see and the mods vote on it...problem is there are inexperienced mods on here that are not nonbias and vote to ban people because of personal feelings or what not, not for the well being of the forum!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
ambull040769 said:
sajoseph said:
Hey Root~Seems maybe you should have a new topic added~ The "I disagree/agree with a ban" section!
They do, a forum should have a mod section where genral members cannot see and the mods vote on it...problem is there are inexperienced mods on here that are not nonbias and vote to ban people because of personal feelings or what not, not for the well being of the forum!
First of all...we do have a Mods forum where we vote. We vote if Root feels it needs to be voted on. This guy was obviously a troll and took it upon himself to take care of it. No Vote was needed. Sometimes a person is dealt with not according to one thread, but how their overall attitiude toward the forum has been. This guy has contributed nothing. I just don't understand why people have to bellyache about how this forum is run. If it's so bad, leave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
I meant a topic section where members can go complain, not just the mods. I know they have their own section. But everytime someone gets banned, people have to post why??Why not?? What if??? And I(maybe it is just me) dont feel that any of us are in any place to question an admisitrator!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kasco said:
This guy was obviously a troll and took it upon himself to take care of it. No Vote was needed. Sometimes a person is dealt with not according to one thread, but how their overall attitiude toward the forum has been. This guy has contributed nothing. I just don't understand why people have to bellyache about how this forum is run. If it's so bad, leave.
He posted one thread that would be considered a troll thread and I think most mods on here jump the gun and that includes root sometimes this ban is a good example, I am not bellyaching I a speaking my mind and you are right I am free to leave and that is the kind of example I was talking about when I said there are a bunch of inexpierenced mods on this forum, why would you say something like that? With that kind of attitude will quickly destroy a forums reputation in a hurry...you dont think people from other forums like truegrit come here and see this? I guess I can post it over there and let them see for their selfs since I have been a member there for over 3 years!


A troll huh? One troll post and it is questionable http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/search.php?search_author=xxmind0vermatter most of his post he was asking questions about his dog because he is a first time dog owner and needs to be educated...what a way to teach him we will just ban him!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
ambull040769 said:
Kasco said:
This guy was obviously a troll and took it upon himself to take care of it. No Vote was needed. Sometimes a person is dealt with not according to one thread, but how their overall attitiude toward the forum has been. This guy has contributed nothing. I just don't understand why people have to bellyache about how this forum is run. If it's so bad, leave.
He posted one thread that would be considered a troll thread and I think most mods on here jump the gun and that includes root sometimes this ban is a good example, I am not bellyaching I a speaking my mind and you are right I am free to leave and that is the kind of example I was talking about when I said there are a bunch of inexpierenced mods on this forum, why would you say something like that? With that kind of attitude will quickly destroy a forums reputation in a hurry...you dont think people from other forums like truegrit come here and see this? I guess I can post it over there and let them see for their selfs since I have been a member there for over 3 years!


A troll huh? One troll post and it is questionable http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/search.php?search_author=xxmind0vermatter most of his post he was asking questions about his dog because he is a first time dog owner and needs to be educated...what a way to teach him we will just ban him!
Maybe you should contact him and invite him over to your board. :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
ANY forum that you go to and post "I need money and Im gonna breed my dogs and get s many litters as I can in a lifetime" is NOT gonna sit well no matter where it is posted.

But, give it a try, maybe!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
ambull040769 said:
Thats not right, the man was speaking his mind and he was getting called names as well, he did not directly curse, all his words was edited and anyone can call them selves jesus christ, last I checked it was not against forum rules.
I actually understand where you're coming from. He doesn't seem terribly spiteful and he had a lot of people after him, so why should I suspend him? First, I should mention that the mods didn't vote on this one, just me. I wanted to take quick action because it seemed that he was just on here to stir up trouble. He posted a comment because he knew it would draw criticism, and then he invited people to flame him. Not good.

Certainly, I could have warned him, but isn't a 14-day suspension a good enough warning in itself? If he's not "just a forum troll", then he can request his suspension be lifted after 14 days and we'll let him back on the forum. We'll see what he does.

ambull040769 said:
You gonna ban me now for speaking my mind? This is just another internet forum and I personaly dont give a $hit about post count, I will sign right back up! You can ban my ip range, email, what ever, it wont work!
Easy, tiger! I've got no desire to suspend you. You're wanting to stick up for someone that you feel was suspended wrongly. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm going to hold my ground on this one. A 14 day suspension is really not that tough. Also, you're right about it being difficult to permanently ban people. The good news is that I can ban them alot easier than they can signup for a new email account. Eventually, they grow tired of signing up for hotmail accounts and re-signing up on the forum.

ambull040769 said:
I run another forum and I am a mod on three others, being a mod or admin you have to remain nonbias in all situations, I do feel he was trolling for reactions but he might have been serious in which case it is not a mods or admins job to decide to ban him because of the post that did not break forum rules...he could have been looking for a reason to actually not go through with the breeding that he posted about.
As I mentioned, no bias issue here. Just trying to weed out a potential troll. If he's legit, then he'll ask to be re-instated after 14 days.


ambull040769 said:
If you are gonna ban him because of name calling then it is only fair that you reread every responce in that thread and ban everyone that called him stupid ect ect.

I have been following the bans on this forum and if you are not in the mod click or some mods dont like you ect ect you have a short future on this board and as I stated a mod must remain nonbias and not jump the gun, sometimes a thread will just die out or work it's self out. I myself and other members feel the mods on here are to ban happy and in the end that will ruin the reputation of a forum real fast!

Enough said!
I intentionally try to keep this forum very positive. It will probably always seem "ban happy" to other forums because I don't like cursing, name calling, and disrespect.

I hope that answers most or all of your questions. I do understand where you're coming from, and I hope that my response shows you my viewpoint as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sajoseph said:
ANY forum that you go to and post "I need money and Im gonna breed my dogs and get s many litters as I can in a lifetime" is NOT gonna sit well no matter where it is posted.

But, give it a try, maybe!
It will not go over well but he may learn something...what did he learn from bulldogbreeds.com? I will tell you what he learned (IF I DONT LIE I WILL GET BANNED) and at least he was honest about what he was going to do and he is an American and the last time I checked and we are a free country and can do things like that...once he posted it he was under attack instead of being offered constructive criticism, if you go back and read every responce you will learn he did not start with the name calling!

I would like to know what gives people the right to flame on someone for that when there are only about a handful of people on here that have a dog from a reputable breeder and the rest are BYB dogs and rescue dogs...even if you got a rescue dog you are inadvertenly supporting the BYB and yet these are the people who feel they can flame on? If you feel BYB's do not produce good dogs then go have your dog put to sleep, some people just want a pet quality dog and dont want to pay $1000 because it came from some reputable breeder when they can get the same dog for $200 and if I was just looking for a pet I would be thinking the same thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
root said:
I actually understand where you're coming from. He doesn't seem terribly spiteful and he had a lot of people after him, so why should I suspend him? First, I should mention that the mods didn't vote on this one, just me. I wanted to take quick action because it seemed that he was just on here to stir up trouble. He posted a comment because he knew it would draw criticism, and then he invited people to flame him. Not good.





I do understand where you're coming from, and I hope that my response shows you my viewpoint as well.
I understand where your comming from and it's your house your gonna do what you want. I would have done it alittle different though...you could have warned everyone in the tread than name calling is not acceptable and sent him a PM and politly ask him to try not to start trouble and maybe word post like that in the future alittle different for example (I WANT TO BREED PET QUALITY DOGS) he might have learned someting as well as other people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
Ambull, I do see where you're coming from. But, sometimes it seems we're da**ed if we do and we're da**ed if we don't. If we don't flame BYBs then we're accused of supporting them. If we do flame BYB's then we're accused of running them off. What's the happy medium?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
15,961 Posts
I have to agree with Root on this. xxmind0vermatter at the very beginning of his post was calling people out for trouble, much like a bully on the street calling out a bunch of kids trying to do their best to stay out of trouble. The bully can't stand it so he has to stir up trouble. He knew it was going to stir up trouble and he knew that the way he was going about it could get him banned. He did not need a warning - he was looking to get a reation and he got it. A little over a month ago Root laid out the rules he wanted everyone to follow after the last blow up because he wants to save this forum from being mean spirited or abusive. This guy knew the rules and he was flaunting them on purpose. Sometimes you just gotta march 'em to the wood shed and warn 'em later. That's my opinion and I am sticking by it. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kasco said:
Ambull, I do see where you're coming from. But, sometimes it seems we're da**ed if we do and we're da**ed if we don't. If we don't flame BYBs then we're accused of supporting them. If we do flame BYB's then we're accused of running them off. What's the happy medium?
I dont know? I dont support them and I am not against it! I have seen some incredible dogs come from BYB's that have gone on to get titled in PP and show. Every breeder must start out somewhere take Gel from black champs for example I remember when he was catching flames for introducing pit into his bloodline but after trial and error now he is producing some nice dogs! I could breed my dog and promise you everthing in the world, hips, health, conformation and I would still probably be considered a BYB by many because I would not have bread any proven dogs even if I had two parents that where titled! So IMO there is no happy medium!

PS: Sorry for draggin your name into this crap Gel if ya happen to read this. I was just kinda using you as somewhat of an example no pun intended!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,789 Posts
I apologised for my bevahior in that topic. But I guess I should be banned too for calling him stupid? I actually tried to be polite about the whole thing but he kept pushing the wrong buttons and getting fairly cocky with me.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
15,961 Posts
LifeIsDaPits said:
I apologised for my bevahior in that topic. But I guess I should be banned too for calling him stupid? I actually tried to be polite about the whole thing but he kept pushing the wrong buttons and getting fairly cocky with me.

James, that is what Trolls do. Not 100% sure he was one but he acted like one. When you see one just R_U_N_N_N_N_N_N_N_!!!!!
:D
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top