Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The run down.

Onyx, commited to every out, and let me tell you. The work Jeff and him has done is shining through. Way to go Jeff!!

Bindi is on a rail!! This girl has a wild streak to her :twisted: . Add a little edge and some additude, then you have Bindi

Cyrus, a man told me today that for a name like Cyrus, he has alot to fill, well tell this to Cyrus who took gunshots and never even flinched to the noise. This boy is on a rail!!!!!!

Loki Three words for ya...... WAY TO GO

Know No.. is being her typical brattyself. Thinks she needs a little more then the rest. Always needing to get the last word in.

Dealer took his first suit bite. Made mom here happy, dad came home with canine marks and bruises. Good job bud.

Yukon. did what he always does. Kick A$$

Duce; FREAKEN AWESOME

Bear; the fur ball was good like always

Dantea; did AWESOME also. I still say Justin, you should have listened months ago. :lol: :lol: :lol: You deserved that one!

Enjoy the video
http://www.tuffstuffbulldogs.com/Great day of Training 5-13-06_0001.wmv

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Thanks for the post. I love to watch them(the music rocks, too) I never would have thought about this kind of training for Harley until I saw your video. A lot of things I read give the impression that if you engage in this kind of training, you're just asking for trouble. After seeing your video's, and reading some of the posts on here ("Is my dog too friendly?" by Credit), and the resulting responses, I've gotten a new perspective. I love these clips, and watch them over and over again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nanniesrock said:
Thanks for the post. I love to watch them(the music rocks, too) I never would have thought about this kind of training for Harley until I saw your video. A lot of things I read give the impression that if you engage in this kind of training, you're just asking for trouble. After seeing your video's, and reading some of the posts on here ("Is my dog too friendly?" by Credit), and the resulting responses, I've gotten a new perspective. I love these clips, and watch them over and over again.
There is nothing wrong with training this type of work or any type of good work for a dog. But we as trainers, you as a handler/owner and the dog all must have a true idea of the work, time, responsibilities and techiques that go with it. Training is a venue for a dog to relieve themselves in a physical and mental way. But also to create a bond like no other. Once the techniques are missused is when issues arise. J_N_T Onyx in another posted stated that we "people need to be honest with themselves about their dogs"
I AGREE!!!!!!!! But I also know that we need to be honest about our selves. We need to be able to handle it with their dogs. That is why it is call team work. That is also why we as a club stick together like a team. When we have an issue, you may hear 10 people in the back ground going " did you see that, maybe they need to'' And if this issue needs addressing we stop all to fix. A few dogs yesterday, needed some control work, so even thou Loki, Bindi the pups Know now and Cyrus didn't need it, they got some heads up on it also. Team work. And I will tell you, if you find a good group of people who are dedicated to their dogs, each other, and everyone around them, alot of the misconceptions about this training would disappear. You need enviromental soundness first.

·
Registered
576 Posts
GREAT VIDEO!!!! I love the end :) And Nice Outs from Onyx :) I wish it didn't start storming!!!! Although the thunder, lightning, and pouring rain were good distractions for the dogs!! Deuce freakin rocks. I hope we get to see him again soon!!!! And I hope the weight pulling, and Grantville judges come back, they're full of great info! I love seeing these videos :)!!!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Great video. Yesterday was an excellent day besides the torrential downpour. You have to have Deuce back up there soon. Hes a little bada$$.

I'll post our pics and video later today. I'll make sure I'll post some that include OB stuff too :wink: I got some sweet video of deuce hitting justin. I just had to post these three...

·
Registered
34 Posts
dealer05 said:
Dantea; did AWESOME also. I still say Justin, you should have listened months ago. :lol: :lol: :lol: You deserved that one!
I am an idiot. I know. I have no problem admitting that our shortcomings are mostly on my end and not his. But its a learning process and hopefully he will wait for me while I learn as much as possible.

Justin

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
In this type of setting/training, what do you do to get the dog mad to attack the decoy or the....I'm not sure what you'd call it.....the thing I see them latching on to, besides an arm...???

~S

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I like this picture of Justin and Bindi :p

Bremner, thanks :p I'll post some pics. We have a few video clips also. Loki thinks shes so cool with a harness on.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I love how you put together those videos! Well done and thanks for sharing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.