Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up all.

I am Eddie and am going to pick up my first dog ever, which just so happens to be an English Bulldog.

I was wondering what would be a good resource for the pup that i may use outside of the forum. I am also wondering what the English Bulldogs growth rate is since the one I am getting happens to be 4 months old.

I am picking him up next weekend and would like to know what I am getting into.

Almost feels like getting another kid... I can hardly wait.

I will post a pic next weekend of my new pup. Any info would be greatly apprecieated.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello You are in for it no joking they are great dogs they have a lot of health problems and not all do but many including mine the cost alot but are so worth it my EB she is almost a year old and weight is about 45 pounds at 4 months I am going to guess between 25-35 pounds males tend to be bigger. My best rescourse is the web I have a? or concern I get on there go to my search and you would not beleive how much info there is. GOOD LUCK can't wait for pics. And congrats :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
another newbie

Hi, I have English bulldogs. Their weight really depends on their build. I had one that weighed 14 lbs at 4 months, tops 40 lbs full grown until she had pups. Then her hormones went into high gear and she weighed 46 lbs. I have another one at 4 months that weighed 27 lbs at 4 months, he now weighs 65 lbs. It is best to feed twice a day at that age, AM and PM. Some Bulldogs tend to eat too much in one feeding so it is best to feed twice a day. They chew like CRAZY!!!! Everything. It is best to feed dry food with water always. They drink alot of water. Also don't let it exercise alot right after eating for they are very prone to bloat. They are hard headed dogs and consistancy is the best way to train. Not harsh, just constant. Some do have alot of health issues but out of my 7 only one has had health issues. Spay her unless you plan on showing her, because if you want pups they are really hard to get here. They can not be breed by themselves it has to be done artificially, and they have to have a c-section. You have to take pups away from mama after feeding for at least the first 2 weeks, unless you can be their 24/7. You are welcome to PM me if you want and I can try to answer questions that you may have. She is really cute. Where did you get her? What line is she from?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Chaos_defined said:
Hey whats up all.

I am Eddie and am going to pick up my first dog ever, which just so happens to be an English Bulldog.

I was wondering what would be a good resource for the pup that i may use outside of the forum. I am also wondering what the English Bulldogs growth rate is since the one I am getting happens to be 4 months old.

I am picking him up next weekend and would like to know what I am getting into.

Almost feels like getting another kid... I can hardly wait.

I will post a pic next weekend of my new pup. Any info would be greatly apprecieated.

Thanks. :)
What's new FNG?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.