Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I had fun doing the other tutorial, and I love the effect of this one too, although I don't use it much.

Step 1.
Open up an image that has a seperate background layer. I'm going to use my old banner for this one.

Step 2.
Add a new layer just above the background layer. Pick the second color you'd like, and fill that layer with it. I chose a deep red.

Step 3.
Open up your animation toolbar. On the first frame, hide the new background color.

Step 4.
Add a new frame, and unhide the new background color.

Step 5.
Click on the "Create Tween Motion" button on the animation toolbar.

Step 6.
Type in the number of frames that you'd like. I chose 10. Click ok.

Step 7.
Hit play and watch the color fade into your new color.

Step 8.
Save as a .gif file.

Here's my finished product:

Hope you enjoyed this one :)

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
That's awesome! I made my new avatar using that tutorial. Thanks!!
Glad I could help :) I love sharing tips with others, because I learn too! It's a fairly simple technique that I learned myself while fooling around.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
What Photo Shop is this? I don't have an animation option... and I have PS7. When I search the help index for 'animation' it tells me how to export it to ... Animation Pro! So I went into that.... <<boggle>> I got it to loop a picture.. but when I tried to modify the image.. omg.. It was all messed up.

Ill just have to dig in a bit, I suppose =))

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
HausMommy said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Glad I could help :) I love sharing tips with others, because I learn too! It's a fairly simple technique that I learned myself while fooling around.
I had no idea that button even exited! I've made morphs like this, but I've done it the hard way: by duplicating frames and changing the opacity on the layers one frame at a time.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
CowBella said:
What Photo Shop is this? I don't have an animation option... and I have PS7. When I search the help index for 'animation' it tells me how to export it to ... Animation Pro! So I went into that.... <<boggle>> I got it to loop a picture.. but when I tried to modify the image.. omg.. It was all messed up.

Ill just have to dig in a bit, I suppose =))
I have PS7, and I export my images to ImageReady to animate them. :)

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
HausMommy said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
I had no idea that button even exited! I've made morphs like this, but I've done it the hard way: by duplicating frames and changing the opacity on the layers one frame at a time.
Haha! I'm all for the shortcuts! :)

CowBella,
I have Photoshop 9. In PS&, all you have to do is export the image into ImageReady and follow the same steps there. The interfaces are almost identical.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CowBella said:
Is it Adobe ImageReady?

Anyone have a link to it?
Yes, Adobe Imageready. It is bundled with Photoshop, so if you have a legal copy of Photoshop, you should have Imageready.

Here is your toolbar in Photoshop:

Click on the circled button, and it exports the image to Imageready.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.