Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in love with these 2, can't get enough of them. They are absolutely gorgeous little bullies.

Moving this friday and they will be joining me at the new home this sunday. Poor diablo is going to be jealous :oops: His new home should make up for it though, lots of space for him and he'll be busy with his springpole.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here, watch this vid. It's what you see near the end of the video, in the guy's yard

http://www.break.com/index/superdawg.html

Essentially it's a pole with an arm that has a rope with a strong spring attached to another rope or wide piece of leather. The pole is anchored heavily into cement or some other type of restraint to stop it from moving.

It's a great way to work your dog's bite/prey drive while giving them some great excercise. In other words, it's a fun workout for your dog.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
How old do they have to be to start doing a springpole?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any age, just set the height low so they can tug without jumping.

I wouldn't get a pup jumping too young, could injure their growing bones

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Can't wait to watch then grow! They are awesome little pups. :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
So is this spring pole something you build on your own, buy it? Just curious - I think Sam would LOVE that. When we get a new place maybe I'll look into that.. kinda cool....

Sarah

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
They have such serious faces. Very cute!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bogart said:
They have such serious faces.
These are serious dogs, seriously hehe. Pictures don't do them justice, I have to take some video so you can see what their personalities and drive is like. Full of piss and vinegar LOL..now I see why they are such good hunting dogs. The dogs have no problems catching rabbits around the farm lol..But they make good companions too hehe

They have been widely used for small game hunting, and have been trained and used for small game - retrieve to hand.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Those two are so freaking cute. I love them.
That video of the spring pole is unbelievable.
I have seen it several times and every time
I watch it I get goose bumps.......lol
Good luck on your move and I am still waiting for pics
of my boy Diablo :wink:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't worry, they'll be coming ;)

First thing I am doing this weekend (after I settle in) is digging a hole to pour cement for the springpole, and sizing D up for a new WP harness.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
If you ever get tired of them, let me know!! They are SOOOOOO cute!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts