Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've had this idea for a while and wanted to put it into action. There seems to be just as much of a stigma about 'pitbull' owners as there are about pitbulls themselves. Here is my idea:

I'd like to do a slideshow of bulldogs and their owners. Each photo would have the caption, "I am a Pitbull owner" or whatever your breed is.

Would someone be willing to help me with this, or is it just a bad idea?

Needed: Song suggestions! I've got over 2000 mp3s on my computer, and as much as I'd like to think I'm diverse in my music, I know I'm not. So I'll need some good song suggestions. Remember, this is supposed to be touching and focus on the issue of "all bully owners being gangbangers/drug dealers"

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I love the idea! I'd be more than happy to submit pictures, but I have no idea how to use Flash. :)

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking Powerpoint. Maybe I'll have to do some playing tonight.

·
Registered
914 Posts
i dont know what any of that stuff is but i have alot of friends with pitbulls . I can get some pictures and post them if you need pictures.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please do!!! The more pics the better, especially ones of little kids!!!!

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
IM IN !
USE THIS PIC ON OF MY OLD PITBULL GETTING READY TO ATTACK MY NIECE AND NEPHEW ! :shock:
===
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
==
:lol: GOT YA !

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Good Idea

I think this is a wonderful idea. We need more possitive stuff about pits and owners you never hear about the good stuff with the stupid media only the bad stuff they thrive on I am so sick of these people who probabily never owned or had any kind of interaction with a pit bull in their lives.

as far as music I would go with something like because you loved me if you want to make em cry
I make DVD's and that one always gets em or something like that heart wrenching type of stuff.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Lets see song suggestions... tear jerker is "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Meddler.... That is what comes to mind right off the bat but I am sure I could think of more...

Here are a few pics of Titus

this one is of Titus and my Brother in-law

My daughter and Titus

Here is my Brother Inlaws pit (Sadie) playing with a little white furball

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wizworx said:
Lets see song suggestions... tear jerker is "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Meddler.... That is what comes to mind right off the bat but I am sure I could think of more...
I can't use that one for personal reasons. It was played at my best friends funeral, and I can't listen to it without bawling! I'd never get the slideshow done!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
That's how I fell about that Angel song by sarah Mclaughlen. They played it on the boat when we spread my daddy's ashes :cry: I've cried when that's playing at stores....songs have a lot of emotion evoked.

If a song comes up I'll let you know...I listen to such varied music.

I sing that song (from the 70's all the time to my children, it might be good)

"ooooo chiiiild, things are gonna get easier, ooo child things'll get brighter,
ooooo chiiiild, things are gonna get easier, ooo child things'll get brighter,
Someday yea, we'll put it together and we'll get it all done,
Someday when things are much brighter."

If you don't know it call me and I'll sing it for you! :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol How sweet that you'd sing to me!!! My boyfriend won't even do that. :( I'll have to keep looking. I want something powerful to speak to these politicians.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
It's not a touching, powerful song or anything, but I think it would be fun to make a slideshow to Sublime's "What I Got." :)

Edit: I thought of a couple of possible powerful songs: "Collide" by Howie Day, "Colorblind" by Counting Crows. And one kind of fun one: "By My Side" by Ben Harper.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! Here is where my inspiration came from:

"Many of the pit bulls in his West Side ward are used as muscle by'gangbangers, drug dealers,'...Others are raised forillegal fighting..."
-Ald. Isaac Carothers (29th) as reported in the Thursday, December 1, 2005 edition of The Chicago Tribune

That's going to be the opening quote for it.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts

I think that is a great idea! Here is Faith and my daughter. I will take better ones later that you could use. This is the only one I have on photobucket right now.[/img]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here are some pics. I'm a bit of a guitar rock fan, therefore I have a rock music slant. That being said, I really like several *softer*-- and less heard--Joe Satriani songs: "Love Thing," "Why," and "Until We Say Goodbye."

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
AWESOME IDEA!! I am in! Let me know if you need any help because I am a whiz at Powerpoint!!!! I think whoever suggeted Colorblind by Counting Crows was right on the money - thats a perfect song for this!!! Other songs.... Bridge Over Troubled Water - I know its kinda cheesy but isnt your pit always right by your side like in the song?!?!!? :D

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Any updates on this, Tasha? Let me know if I can do anything to help. Are you Photoshopping any of the pictures?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts