Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know we just got our pup this past Sunday.He is only 7 weeks even though the web page says 8 weeks(wrong) anyway he is a feisty little guy.If we are walking around the house he attaches himself to your shoe or pants and starts pulling.I yell NO and try to pry his mouth open to get out whatever is in there but he comes back for more.We bought a ton of chew toys for him and tried giving him a toy when he starts to chew on one of us but that only last for a little bit and next thing you know he has attahced himself to us again.I know puppies go through this but to be honest I don't remember it being this bad.Any idea to help stop this or a good toy to keep him busy.We have all kinds of kongs and squeaky toys and balls but he prefers our shoes,pants,hands,ears,shirts and so on.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
This is sort of hard to type to explain but use your fingers as a bite, since the puppy is small, use two fingers and assertively put them on the puppies neck when he bites you while saying "no bite". This is the way the mother teaches the puppies not to bite, so your using your hand as the mothers mouth sort of. If you understand what I mean.

Don't push him away when you do this though, just press his neck and see how he reacts. He'll probably be like "huh? what was that?" and stop biting. As soon as he stops get a toy that you know interest him and squeak or make him bite that. His teeth might be hurting too, so here's a little recipe I found that's good for puppies teething. Put a bit of peanut butter at the bottom of the kong to block the hole, then pour chicken broth into kong and freeze it overnight. This is also good for hot weather days.

Hope I helped :wink: !

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.I will give that a try and pass that info to my hubby so he knows as well.I will let you know how it works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a puppy that it is almost 3 months and he does that too but not as bad as you explained it. But when I ever I try the two fingers in his neck he takes his neck and opens his mouth and trys to bite. I know its teething and we are really trying to teach him no bite give kisses thing. His name is Duke and we should of called him freak!!!!! :D

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Duke's Mom said:
I have a puppy that it is almost 3 months and he does that too but not as bad as you explained it. But when I ever I try the two fingers in his neck he takes his neck and opens his mouth and trys to bite. I know its teething and we are really trying to teach him no bite give kisses thing. His name is Duke and we should of called him freak!!!!! :D

This is an OLD post : Dated Febuary 06
Funny how things get dug up around here
Wonder how far back this was..........LOL

·
Registered
932 Posts
Well tell us then........ is he still a biter? and how did u end up getting him to stop biting!?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Hey...you changed your user name!! How did you do that???
LOL I thought I was goin' crazy. I was like, ok who's Bustersmommy? I recognize Buster but I don't remember that being her name! :scratch:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kasco said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Hey...you changed your user name!! How did you do that???
LOL I thought I was goin' crazy. I was like, ok who's Bustersmommy? I recognize Buster but I don't remember that being her name! :scratch:
LOL,Yea I use this name for any other sites I go to and my AOL IM so to make it easier on me ( starting with the "sometimers" :lol: ) I asked if I could have it switched to this without loosing my post count.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Put him in a crate for five weeks. Worked wonders for Deuce, j/k. But before his surgery he was a biter. After being in his crate for five weeks for recovery, he came out as a new dog. He is so much better. I guess he forgot his old ways. Anyways, good luck with the pup. Just thought I'd share my experience. But believe me, it was so hard keeping him locked up. I felt like such a bad momma. I am sure everyone can give you some tips to help.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
deuce's mommy said:
Put him in a crate for five weeks. Worked wonders for Deuce, j/k. But before his surgery he was a biter. After being in his crate for five weeks for recovery, he came out as a new dog. He is so much better. I guess he forgot his old ways. Anyways, good luck with the pup. Just thought I'd share my experience. But believe me, it was so hard keeping him locked up. I felt like such a bad momma. I am sure everyone can give you some tips to help.

Thanks for the advice but this was an old thread that someone dug up.
Happy to say Buster has out grown that stage :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts