Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight Pinkie knocked over the shredder machine, she was chasing a fly when it happened but all I heard was the crash.
My comment was what the he-- and she coward and her ears laid down ( her ears always stand up when she is happy) but the look on her face was guilt and sadness. I really felt bad because I think she was trying to do good by catching the fly and didn't realize that she would knock over the shredder machine in the process.
I don't know sometimes I feel bad when I scold her knowing her back ground ( with living at the shelter from the time she was 7 months old (for a year) and having mange over 95% of her body. I feel guilty sometimes scolding her.
She is such a good dog, she doesn't get into the garbage, counter surf, tear up stuff ( well except for my Moroccans that she ate)
Its hard to know what kind of life they had before you adopted them sometimes the slightest movement will send them into the corner cowering
I don't know Any one else feel this way with their dog?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
as long as you show them affection and love 95% of the time, if they are misbehaving I don't see anything wrong with scolding them. It does make it hard when they have had a difficult past, but that doesn't mean you let them walk all over you. Dogs live in the moment! Just don't go overboard, but a "BAD BOY/GIRL" wont hurt anyone.

·
Registered
520 Posts
yes I feel totally guilty everytime.I usually crumble after 5 minutes and let them worm thier way into my good books. :D

She ate your Morrocans? :shock:

Thats obviously not a person from Morocco is it? :lol:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Ami is a serious cringer. Her first human tied her to a tree and a am concerned he might not have been nice to her. The mere hint that I'm pissed off and she won't come inside. I have send Yoshi out to get her (he'll walk out to her, turn around and walk back in and she'll 'join up'). She'll get better. Nandi did. She was cringer too. Now when I yell she gets this "Aw go on" kind of grin and comes prancing over demanding a head rub.

Don't sweat it. You're only human, and they're so on to us.

Paula

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
:laughing3:

Don't be so hard on yourself, CC gives me the look you know the one, the " but I soo cute" look with her ears all down,and I just melt!

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
I don't feel guilty if I am trying to keep them safe. I do feel guilty if it is because my patience is lacking at that moment."Clara is always going after any napkin she can find, and when my back is turned she will shred one up on the floor. I have tried to correct this but the impulse is too strong for her, so I just try to remember to put the used napkins off of the trays/coffee tables into the trash so that she cannot get them - if she does, I just pick it up. It is not a life and death situation. But if she chews her toy too close to the foot of the table where she will get the table too, now that is another story. My biggest guilt is with my Springer, She is a NEEDY dog. Always has to be around you and petted on. I get aggravated at this neediness and then feel guilty because all she wants is to be loved. :cry:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Cookies Mom said:
:laughing3:

Don't be so hard on yourself, CC gives me the look you know the one, the " but I soo cute" look with her ears all down,and I just melt!
But I soooo cute....

I just about coughed up a lung. I have a cold at the moment so laughter can be quite....productive.

Paula

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Correction is part of training, so no I never feel guilty because I do what's nessessary for learning.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oops I guess I should have proof read my post a little better :oops:
leather moccasins is what she ate
At least every one got a good laugh

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
I do feel bad, but I don't let them know it! Although today I wanted to let Koa outside and he ran back down to the basement. I don't know why, he loves to be outside. So I ran down the steps to go get him, trying to figure out why he was running away, and I yelled his name... he got down on the ground and lowered his ears like he expected me to hurt him. Oh it broke my heart. Not sure why he thought I was going to punish him, I just wanted to take him outside. I don't hit my dogs! My poor sweet huge baby. I wanted to cry.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I don't feel bad when I scold Bella because she always looks at me with an attitude like "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!" :lol: Remy, on the other hand, always cowers and tucks his tail when we raise our voices to him. I wouldn't be surprised if his previous owners hit him. He's such a sweet boy, though, and it breaks my heart!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It's cause Bella's a b!tch.. LOL..
No seriously, the female pits are tougher I think.
They tend to have attitudes in them.
:p

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
All I have to say to either of mine is "bad boy/girl" and it tears them to pieces! It hurts their feelings more when my husband does it too, but I think it's because of the male voice. Mine are definately spoiled, and no sooner do I get the words out of my mouth they're all over me kissing and loving on me! :D

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Not really, the only time I ever feel bad about it is when I have a bad day and my dogs do something wrong and I start yelling. Not really at them, but just ranting and raving cause someone ticked me off and them having to come clean up a mess they made.

Shadow he's hard headed, so I have found myself being alittle "tougher" on him. He's the only dog I've had where I would tap his hip to get him to stop something, not really hitting him. But just something to get his attention. Thank goodness we put him in training classes twice!

My danes are so sensitive to voice corrections and they hold their ears back and lay down and just look at me with those sad eyes. Hurts my feelings sometimes.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I must admit yes I do feel guilty sometimes. Only because he looks at me with his chin all wrinkled up and quivering like a kid thats gonna cry and his eyes, well heck they're like gonna pop out of his head. And then he'll tuck his head under the couch to hide.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I don't really have to scold Lola, thank goodness. I won't even raise my voice, sometimes if I have to I will speak sternly but even that is hard. She is so terrified of people when they are angry, even when its not at her. My neighbors were yelling and she was cowering and trying to hide between my legs. It makes me wanna cry when she gets scared like that, I just makes me think about all the abuse she has had to endure.

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
All dogs need different attention, you will have to try and keep everything positive even when you are correcting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts