Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I swear if it's not one thing it's another. Now my first reaction was it was something she ate. But I am very familiar with allergies and they don't usually look this RED and completely round. Jazmine doesn't seem to notice it, no scratching or chewing.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Ring worms? That is just a very uneducated guess. I have never seen them before, but that was the first think I thought of. Hope someone has some input that will help. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,975 Posts
That's a weird one. Chico's had a ton of bacterial infections and allergic reactions but they never looked like that. He's gotten alot of red bumps but those are really dark and look pretty big. Weird. Do you think they could be some kind of bug or ant bite? Those would probably bother her more but who knows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
Fina gets a SINGLE OR TWO red bumps like that once in a while, I always assumed it was a spider bite...........but that many, I have no IDEA.

I wish that I could be of more help Care!

Bridget
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I know they're weird.

They are starting to change though. They are getting bigger and the red is only now just a outline with a tiny little dot in the center.

deuce's mommy, I looked up ringwork before I posted and it doesn't look so red, but now that they are changing it does look kind of like it, but ringworm doesn't seem to be as red.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,909 Posts
ant bites maybe??? When scarlet was a pup she had these little red bumps all over her belly. I was worried and took her to the vet and it turned out to be fire ant bites. They looked like your picture but I cant tell how big they are...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,607 Posts
WOW...they're really RED! Are they warm to the touch?...could be an infection of some sort. If they're changing I would definately take her to the vet. My pitty has allergies but I've never seen them look that bright.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
apbtgurl26 said:
WOW...they're really RED! Are they warm to the touch?...could be an infection of some sort. If they're changing I would definately take her to the vet. My pitty has allergies but I've never seen them look that bright.
I haven't touched them because I didn't know if they were contagious or not. But she was laying on the grass outside today and with the tiny little mark in the center I might think they're some weird bite.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,607 Posts
Care said:
apbtgurl26 said:
WOW...they're really RED! Are they warm to the touch?...could be an infection of some sort. If they're changing I would definately take her to the vet. My pitty has allergies but I've never seen them look that bright.
I haven't touched them because I didn't know if they were contagious or not. But she was laying on the grass outside today and with the tiny little mark in the center I might think they're some weird bite.
If it has a black dot in the center, then more than likely it's a spider bite.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
15,975 Posts
I would definately take her to a vet ASAP. My first reaction when I saw these spots was that it looked just like a contagious, spreading disease that you would see on people in the movies. I know this sounds a little dramatic and yet those spots do not look like bites or allergies. I really would recommend that you take her to the vet quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
They look kind of like flea bites. Is your yard treated for fleas. Brodey had something very similar. He is on advantage or advatix (not sure) and has no flea issues indoors or on him but the vet said it was flea bites from fleas living in my yard. Does your pup dig up the grass and lay in the dirt? I now have my yard treated with flea killer in addition to my regualr treatment and they havent come back since. Just a thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
I vote for Staph myself. Those look like furnuncles or perhaps carbuncles - its hard to tell from the photos. Go to the vet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The red has mostly gone away and my vet didn't get back to me before I left for work. I had emailed the pics to a friend who is very knowlegable about this kind of stuff and she said they're bites.

If it doesn't go away she'll be going to the vet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,413 Posts
They look like bites to me, too. But (and I was poked fun at last time I mentioned this :wink: ) if you have a blacklight, look at the spots under it. If it's ringworm, they will glow. If they aren't gone within 24 hours, I would have the vet take a look - just to be on the safe side.

Pee spots glow under a blacklight, too. As do blood, poo, saliva, other bodily fluids. You can find out all kinds of stuff you really don't want to know about. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
looks like blackfly bites to me. Lilly and Lila get them on their tummy. Do you have them in your area? In NH we've dedicated an entire season to them :lol: Nasty little creatures. As the bites heal they get larger and a red ring develops around a red dot. They will eventually fade away. They are sometimes raised but not usually. You can get a repellent from the vet (works pretty well).

Not sure if this is it but it looks very similar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
L & L said:
looks like blackfly bites to me. Lilly and Lila get them on their tummy. Do you have them in your area? In NH we've dedicated an entire season to them :lol: Nasty little creatures. As the bites heal they get larger and a red ring develops around a red dot. They will eventually fade away. They are sometimes raised but not usually. You can get a repellent from the vet (works pretty well).

Not sure if this is it but it looks very similar.
We have a winner, lol! That's what I was told they were. Do we have them here in Ontario? Oh yeah, they're nasty. It's funny, when I get bit by blackflies it looks completely different. I make a repellent for mosquitoes, I'm going to see if it works for blackflies.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top