Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Our dog Spooky had epilepsy. At first our vet had us put her on phenobarbital. I did some research and didn't like what I found out. If there's a way around mediactions I usually try to find it. I took her off it and we found out that hers was linked to stress and allergies. We changed her food and she wasn't aloud to eat any treats or bones unless I made them or I trusted the company/person who made them. She got a supplement to help her skin and coat that also helped to relieve stress.

Once we understood the nature of the causes of her epilepsy she rarely ever had an attack. I personally don't like chemicals. That's just my opinion, I am not telling you to take your dog off it's medication.

I would suggest keeping a daily diary of everything your dog does (eats, sleeps, treats, tv on or off, etc....). After a while you probably will start to notice a pattern.

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Most dogs are allergic to corn, chicken, wheat, soy, and dairy. They could also be allergic to things like grass, trees, fleas, mold, dust mites, feathers...pretty much anything just like us. My dog was allergic to all of those things.

Stress is a big factor sometimes. Usually things like other dogs (not already in the home), animals, or people, trips for them or you, changes in the household, or illness (which is where I think allergies come in). Our dog never had problems playing with our other dog. But all situations are different.

I would do what I posted before with the diary. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.