Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diesel is still anemic at 6 months. We've got him on iron drops which we put on his food. I'm wondering if his levels do finally get to normal if they will stay that way. I'm really concerned since when his iron levels dropped is when his mange started, now that's all of his hair is almost all back I don't want him to go through it again.

So has anyone ever had a problem with their pup or grown dog being anemic? If so how long did it take for their levels to get back to normal?

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
One of my dogs is a Springer Spaniel. I rescued her from the kill shelter here when she was a pup. She was so anemic when I adopted her that they would not let me bring her home. They took her to the vet for treatment first and this is where I picked her up from. She was on a couple of meds for her anemia. One for building her iron, one to increase her appetite and one to fight off infections since her system was so depleted. She was 8 months old when I got her with the weight of a 4 month old puppy. It took me about 6 months to get her fully back on her feet. One of the things that I did was to feed her a diet of raw hamburger and raw egg along with her kibble and meds. This did help. She built up to 45 lbs and has always had the best build - strong and lean with taut muscles. The vet loves to do her body inspection because he says she always feels so good. Of course, jumping a 6 foot fence on a daily basis helps. :wink: :lol: :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts