Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,602 Posts
One of my dogs is a Springer Spaniel. I rescued her from the kill shelter here when she was a pup. She was so anemic when I adopted her that they would not let me bring her home. They took her to the vet for treatment first and this is where I picked her up from. She was on a couple of meds for her anemia. One for building her iron, one to increase her appetite and one to fight off infections since her system was so depleted. She was 8 months old when I got her with the weight of a 4 month old puppy. It took me about 6 months to get her fully back on her feet. One of the things that I did was to feed her a diet of raw hamburger and raw egg along with her kibble and meds. This did help. She built up to 45 lbs and has always had the best build - strong and lean with taut muscles. The vet loves to do her body inspection because he says she always feels so good. Of course, jumping a 6 foot fence on a daily basis helps. :wink: :lol: :lol:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.