Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , My AB pup is 11 wks old and I have been feeding him Diamond puppy food since that is the food the breeder started him on . I have been planning on switching him to Authority harvest baked once he gets older , but I just found out someone I work with has a part time home business selling hunting dog supplies including Canidae dog food . I can get a 40 lb bag through her for 34 dollars so I am thinking of switching now vs later . Anyone else feed their puppies this food ?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Me, me!! My dogs aren't puppies but I switched them to Canidae All Life Stages about a month ago and they're doing fantastic on it! I have four dogs (two bullies, two non) and they all eat it. A fourty pound bag is lasting me about three weeks versus two weeks on the other food. :D

Here's the thread I started on it recently:

http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=8298

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Kasco , do you think switching him at 11 wks would be a big deal ? The co-worker said she has a 2 yr old weimeraner that she shows and that he has never been on anything else .

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
mjh68 said:
Thank you Kasco , do you think switching him at 11 wks would be a big deal ?
Nah, should be fine. :)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Just put my almost 16 month old AB on it 2 days ago. I think he likes it. Time will tell tho. He is VERY picky with his food.

·
Registered
37 Posts
STARTED PUP AT 8 WEEKS!

I started my AB/APBT pup on it the day I took him home on 8 weeks. He is most certainly thriving. :lol: I've been feeding to my APBT/Boxer and my 1 yr old Boxer about6 months ago & theyre doing great. They were on Innova, but when my boxer was a babe, he was eating his own poop :oops: , so someone told me to switch dog foods, which I did & he hasn't eaten shi** yet! :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
I used canidae on Titus when we got him ... well about 2 weeks after we got him because of skin allergies, the canidae worked wonders on his skin... sad thing is we just moved and I am having a hard time finding it now... so they are on DVP which still is great..

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Re: STARTED PUP AT 8 WEEKS!

thedogmother said:
I started my AB/APBT pup on it the day I took him home on 8 weeks.

Same here...My Pit has been on it since the day he came home and my other dog has been on it since she was about 4-6 months old! I credit my pits size to being on this food from day one! He is a 85 punder and still growing! I love this food and so do my dogs...the eat every little bit of it!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just started it myself

I just started switching my 11 wk old AB to Canidae this weekend. He was started on Iams and after joining this forum and reading about dog food I knew I had to switch. Everything made a lot of sense about the nutritional value of a good dog food. I just wish my vet knew more. They gave me a "starter" packet with Eukenuba and Iams, and I didn't know any better!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts