Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bella is driving me absolutely crazy. She desperately needs formal obedience training, and I have no idea where to go. She was in an obedience class for 4 weeks when she was 6-7 months old, but we had to take her out because she had surgery on her paws. I was also terribly embarassed by her behavior in class and my inability to control her. The class was a traditional choke chain class focused more on corrections than praise. I didn't like it at all, and it's supposed to be "the best in town." But anyway....does anyone have any experience with good trainers in Illinois? I'd prefer positive reinforcement methods only, but right now I'll really consider anything. I'd like to do some private training before putting her back in a class.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Check out the Chicagoland board. I am sure you could find a trainer there that could help you. However, most will use a combination of positive and negative reinforcement in their training. You really need to use both in order to be succesful. Here is the link to the board.

http://members.boardhost.com/Chicagoland/

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
hey leeann im suspose to be getting a broschure from that trainer in kankakee
she says she has worked with many bully dogs
ill send you all the info when i get it if you like

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Leanne, did you check out the Chicagoland training board? If you want to find a good trainer in your area, thats the board to go to and ask.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lisa said:
Leanne, did you check out the Chicagoland training board? If you want to find a good trainer in your area, thats the board to go to and ask.
I just posted today. I hate being 2 1/2 hours away from Chicago, because I'm sure there are lots of excellent trainers and resources there. I hope someone can help me find a trainer closer to home.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
What trainer did you go to? You can PM it to me if you'd like.

The only one I know of(besides Petco) is BarkBusters. I guess I'm not much help, but let me know if you do find something. I'd be interested in getting Haus into a class as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts