Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my AB was sold to us as a purebreed. We've noticed when he's wet he has quite a few sparse black spots on his skin that shows thru his white coat (not as much as a dalmation). Is this a characteristic of a pure bred AB?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Oh yes! My puppy Moose was solid white on one side and white with brindle on the pother well he is now brindle and white with spots on all his white. This has nothing to do with his purity. Very common. By the way your puppy is good looking with such big paws. Going to be big.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You mean like this.....

April is purebred and she is called white/brindle pied and is very spotted as you can see.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Many AB's have spots on thier skin that shows through...my female Jezabel got more pronounced spots as she aged. It's very common, and just about every AB out there has a certain amount of this pigmentation on thier skin.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Blue eyes are what the catahoula contributed. The skin pigmentation (spots) are a bulldog trait...even my English Bulldog has a ton of spots..I have met very few bulldogs in general that didn't.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I thought odins spots on his back were onhis skin, but when I checked them...they are spots of brown hair. He has a ton of them coming in.

·
Registered
295 Posts
spots

My am. bulldog is white with light tan spots. On her tummy she also has black spots like a cow! I love the spots. There cute.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lisas1 said:
You mean like this.....

April is purebred and she is called white/brindle pied and is very spotted as you can see.
LOL!!!!! that is the cutest photo!!! i love it!

thanks everyone for setting my mind at ease. as american bulldogs aren't too common here, i jsut wasn't sure but you've all made me feel heaps better!! i love this forum!!! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts